book recommendations

(6 Posts)
Chickenpie1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:09:29

Hi all,

I have a fairly decent size garden and now my DCs are both at school id really like to spend more time in the garden. I am quite excited about it

I plan to have a tidy up of the plants that have been allowed to go grow wild over the last few years and I'd also like to try growing some bedding plants and may be some veg from seeds.

What I thought might be useful is to have a book that suggests what to do in the garden throughout the year. And I wondered if any of you wise gardeners knew of anything that would be useful

TIA

funnyperson Fri 19-Feb-16 19:43:38

www.gardening-year.co.uk/

plus readers digest 'the gardening year'

Chickenpie1 Fri 19-Feb-16 20:03:12

Perfect, thank you

shovetheholly Mon 22-Feb-16 09:52:49

Have a look at the DVD from Alan Titchmarsh 'How to be a gardener'. It's one of the best introductions, and it really helps to see him doing the things rather than following diagrams (this may just be my pathetic uselessness with diagrams, though!)

dreamerlemur Tue 23-Feb-16 18:28:55

I have found any books by RHS to be good.

Cathpot Fri 11-Mar-16 12:02:44

What about subscribing to something like gardeners world magazine? It will cover things appropriate for that month and has lots of articles on veg growing designing beds etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now