Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody ever bought some really good solar lights?

(9 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Sat 11-May-13 22:06:17

Our garden is finally shaping up, I have a fence and a an almost border on one side - which I love looking out at, but after the sun goes down it's just a pitch black hole.

I'm tempted by solar lights but has anybody ver bought any that actually work?

Roshbegosh Sun 12-May-13 15:26:09

Powerbee were ok but can you get the panel into the light from that spot?

starsandunicorns Sun 12-May-13 15:30:12

I got loads i got them from BM bargins last summer my little balcony is fab they have lit up everynight even in winter though are on for shorter time in winter

I have white, mutil coloured and pink ones

Dawnywoo Sun 12-May-13 16:20:47

stars is it the solar fairy lights you have that B&M are selling again this year?

I bought some on ebay. 4 sets, only 1 still working. Would also love some reliable ones.

usualsuspect Sun 12-May-13 16:27:03

B and M have some great solar lights.

starsandunicorns Sun 12-May-13 16:45:00

Yes i think so they were in blue boxs i think around a tenner smile for 150 they had some that were on nets but mine are on a single line ... on a sunny day they are really bright i also got one on stick with a glass blub and changes colour for 3.99 which is fab its like having a disco i know they were selling them at christmas time

starsandunicorns Sun 12-May-13 16:49:00

Just checked the website they are selling them 100 for 9.99 or two packs for 18£

LaurieFairyCake Sun 12-May-13 16:56:10

If you want good quality ones in glass and stainless steel that are really sturdy they have some on www.qvcuk.com

They have some globe mosaic ones, 4 for 20 quid. Not cheap but that's because they're heavy, sturdy, and can be left out all year.

cantspel Sun 12-May-13 19:12:08

I got 2 sets of solar lights from qvc last year. The crackle glode ones and the butterfly ones. Both sets were lovely last year but i left them out over winter and both sets are now dead as a dodo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now