Talk

Advanced search

Professional gardener - which wellies??

(5 Posts)
mistressploppy Sat 27-Nov-10 09:20:14

If you are a gardener and you needed some warm wellies to work in, which would you buy? DH's best mate is starting his own business and we want to get him a really good pair for Christmas.

TIA!

saorachd Sat 27-Nov-10 09:27:15

Le Chameau will last for years but are quite expensive.
They are lined with a double layer of neoprene and keep the feet and ankles really warm but also cope with heavy digging work etc. Hunters perish and split quite quickly after digging/fork work.

mistressploppy Sat 27-Nov-10 09:34:35

Oh brilliant, thank you! I will check them out. Someone mentioned Aigle - are they any good?

saorachd Sat 27-Nov-10 11:26:20

Yes, Aigle are very good as well but I think Chameau are the slightly better of the two.
I have had my Chameau for about seven years and despite being worn almost every day for work, they have taken lots of punishment but are like new.

I think it is a lovely thing to do for your friend and I wish him lots of success in his new venture.

culinaryqueen Mon 29-Nov-10 22:26:12

There are also some great wellington socks out there too. Would make a nice stocking filler and ensure no cold toes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: