Talk

Advanced search

CHEESECAKE PLEASE

(16 Posts)
Rumpel Wed 14-Oct-09 14:10:29

Anyone got any easy quick recipes for yummy cheesecakes please?

TIA

Littlemissmischief Wed 14-Oct-09 15:07:46

Hey Rumpel, Ive got the BEST cheescake recipe, it is easy and very yummy and is a no bake cheesecake so no cooking required. Everyone is always asking me to make them and they look like they take a lot of effort to make grin triple bonus x

175g Digestive biscuits (i use cheapy ones)
75g Unsalted butter
400g low fat cream cheese (philadelphia or shop own is fine)
100g icing sugar (you can use castor sugar, if sifted)
300ml double cream
splash of vanilla essence
2x 298g tins mandarins
1 x orange

For the base:
Crush the biscuits and melt the butter, mix together and put into a loose bottom round tin, press down with a potato masher or something similar. Place in fridge until cold.

For the filling:
Mix the cream cheese and sugar and mix until blended, add the splash of vanilla essence and orange juice and zest, mix well.
In a seperate bowl, whisk the double cream unil the cream is firm, then mix with the cream cheese mixture, if it is now slightly too runny you can mix it again once its all blended.
Then spread on top of biscuit base and set in the fridge.
Take out of the tin and decorate with the drained mandarin segments.

You can substitue the fruit for different flavoured cheescake.

Good luck, let me know how you get on smile

Rumpel Wed 14-Oct-09 18:53:41

Hmm sounds delicious and really healthy wink. I'm having friends around for dinner on Saturday - a curry so don't want a pud that is too heavy. never made cheesecake before but always mean't to try it. Ta very much. Just hope this stupid rotten cold goes away so I can fully appreciate it smile.

Littlemissmischief Wed 14-Oct-09 18:57:05

Ha Ha your welcome, and if your anything like me you will be making one every week after, im always trying new concotions, and its got fruit in it so it is healthy really grin x

dizzydixies Wed 14-Oct-09 19:01:59

white chocolate cheesecake - tis my most requested recipe and has NEVER failed me smile

dizzydixies Wed 14-Oct-09 19:02:59

here is the recipe

MaureenMLove Wed 14-Oct-09 19:03:22

Not wanting to step on LittleMiss's toes, because it does sound fab, but I have an even quicker one!

2 tubs mascapone cheese
1 pack of ginger biscuits
4 oz icing sugar
3 oz butter
zest and juice of EITHER 2 limes or one large lemon

Crush biscuits, melt butter and mix. Set in loose bottomed tin. Stick in fridge.

Mix mascapone, icing sugar and zest and juice together and stick it on top of the biscuit base.

Job done!

thighsmadeofcheddar Wed 14-Oct-09 19:04:34

dizzys white choc one is amazing. my friend said it's the best dessert he's ever eaten. smile

MaureenMLove Wed 14-Oct-09 19:04:48

And I would never step on the toes of Miss Dixies either! winkgrin

dizzydixies Wed 14-Oct-09 19:17:33

grinblush[kisses Maureen & thighsmadeofcheddar]

Littlemissmischief Wed 14-Oct-09 19:20:43

That white choc one sounds lush, im gonna try it! One I make is similar but just substitute the choc for dark choc and add some orange essence. It is scrummy! smile

dizzydixies Wed 14-Oct-09 19:24:33

Littlemissmischief - it has started arguments before at ours grin it is lovely and SOOOOO simple to make - just keep that bit quiet though wink

Littlemissmischief Wed 14-Oct-09 19:56:05

Lol what were the arguements for Dizzydixies? Of course I will keep it quiet, i like the glory when people think ive gone to lots of trouble grin

dizzydixies Wed 14-Oct-09 20:06:53

I made 12 deserts to take for Christmas dinner last year (my contribution) and there were 15 of us - they fought over the white chocolate cheesecake and the chocolate bannoffee pie!!!

the white chocolate cheesecake is made here all the time - for friends/work/cafe etc I even made it on Halloween last year and used a fudge icing pen to do a cobweb round the top - the adults wouldn't let the kids have any lol

Rumpel Sat 17-Oct-09 11:18:14

Thanks ladies. In the end I plumped for DIZZIES although I modified it by using malted milk biscuits and less sugar - I used fruit sugar. Tasting tonight so will let you know how it goes smile

Rumpel Mon 19-Oct-09 20:28:12

Went down a treat but it is uber rich and makes lots and lots. Next time I'll make teeny individual ones and poss half the recipe. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now