Talk

Advanced search

What to make with blueberries?

(15 Posts)
Trikken Fri 18-Sep-09 17:03:12

I bought some blueberries when i went shopping and would quite like to make them into a pudding but have absolutely no idea what I can make with them. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PestoLovelyMonster Fri 18-Sep-09 17:07:15

I use them in muffins

QuintessentialShadows Fri 18-Sep-09 17:16:34

Line a pai or tart tin with pastry. bung in the oven for 10 minutes, spread custard on, add blueberries on top, and cook for another 15-20 minutes

SexyDomesticatedDad Fri 18-Sep-09 18:43:03

Do a cheesecake and then make a blueberry syrup - fab!

Trikken Fri 18-Sep-09 20:13:02

thanks for the ideas, they all sound good. never thought of making blueberry syrup, sounds interesting.

Clayhead Fri 18-Sep-09 20:14:34

Fluffy pancakes!

feedthegoat Fri 18-Sep-09 20:14:53

American blueberry pancakes for breakfast with maple syrup. Mmmmmm!

Katisha Fri 18-Sep-09 20:24:09

Whip up some cream, bung in some greek yoghurt. Add blueberries. Maybe put some demerara on top and let it turn to a syrupy topping in the firdge for a couple of hours.

mathanxiety Sat 19-Sep-09 06:31:46

Blueberry pie is fab. Add some sugar, lemon juice, a little flour or instant tapioca and some dabs of butter to the blueberries, toss them into a pie shell, cover with top crust, bake med-high for at least 30 mins. or until crust is golden brown (maybe a little longer than 30 mins.)

lulalullabye Sat 19-Sep-09 07:34:05

Make a pastry lining, bakewell filling and the just put the blueberries on the top and bung in the oven, yummm smile

CarmenSanDiego Sat 19-Sep-09 07:55:00

This is my favourite American pancake recipe if you can find buttermilk. Just throw in the blueberries during frying. Mmmmmm...

thereistheball Sat 19-Sep-09 09:59:12

If you can't find buttermilk just use ordinary milk and some lemon juice. Yoghurt also works well.

Blueberries also freeze well: I bung a handful in straight from the freezer when I make porridge.

But nothing beats pancakes with maple syrup and streaky bacon.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sat 19-Sep-09 10:03:58

You could make Jam. V easy with Jam sugar (all pectin etc already added - can get from most super markets). 1lb of sugar to 1lb of fruit, heat it all up together for half an hour, then put onto rolling boil for about 5 mins (make sure not to boil it before then) - then v quickly place in sterilised jam pots (I sterilise by pooring boiling water over them after they've been in the hot wash of dishwaser).

Alternatively very nice in a meringue with some strawberries and whipped cream (v v easy if you buy the meringue already made).

missmama Sat 19-Sep-09 10:49:24

Not quite what everybody else has suggested, but I made blueberry vodka with mine last year, and have picked the 'pickled' blueberries out of it to put on ice cream. Heaven!

StirlingIsFedUpOfTheRain Sat 19-Sep-09 13:28:02

You can make blueberry syrup if you put the blueberries in a small saucepan with a couple of tbsps of maple syrup. Heat up slowly, keep stirring till the berries have burst and the syrup is dark purple.

We have this on ice cream or over pancakes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now