Does anyone have a rally good authentic recipe?Have dps oldest freind plus spanish wife and kids this weekend and want to make it for them.I have done a few half arsed attempts in teh past which are fine for us but not really for a special lunch TIA
Spinach and ricotta is nice, as is roasted red pepper and goats cheese.
Either of those sound any good?
Also would be nice to do a rocket salad and tomato and balsamic salad to go with.
Let me know if you want recipes.
OK, in either case do about 2 eggs per person and 20g milk per egg. Beat together and season well with salt & pepper then set aside.
For the spinach & ricotta:
1. Wilt a large bag of spinach in a knob of butter. Tip into a colander and squeeze out the juice with a spoon. Then tip onto a clean tea towel and squeeze out any remaining juice (important this bit or you'll have a soggy frittata)
2. Slice an onion thinly and mince a clove of garlic. Cook the onion slowly (medium heat) in olive oil until soft and brown then add the garlic for a few minutes then remove from heat.
3. Grease your dish (use kitchen paper dipped in olive oil) and pre-heat oven to 150C.
4. Arrange the cooked spinach, onions & garlic in the bottom of the dish and season lightly with salt & pepper- not too much as the eggs are already seasoned. Then dot lumps of the ricotta around the dish.
5. Sprinkle a layer of grated parmesan over the fillings then carefully pour the egg mix over the top.
6. If you have nutmeg, definately sprinkle over the top- it goes really well with spinach & ricotta and looks pretty too.
7. Give it 20 minutes in the oven before checking. Can't give you an exact time because it depends on the quantity you make but keep checking every 5-10 minutes after this. It should be firm around the edges but still have a slight wobble in the centre. If you're unsure, poke a spoon in the middle to check it's cooked.
Roast red pepper & goats cheese:
1. slice 2 red peppers in half and remove seeds. Place skin side up on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil then roast in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes until the skins have blackened.
2. Remove from oven and cover with a tea towel until cool.
3. Scrape the charred pepper skins off- should come away very easily with the back of a spoon- then cut into thin strips.
4. Cook the onions & garlic as above and put into the greased baking dish.
5. slice the goats cheese and arrange over the top.
6. place the peppers over the top of the goats cheese.
7. season lightly then add egg mix and bake as above. Dried chilli flakes and chopped fresh rosemary or thyme are also lovely with this one.
Hope that all makes sense, am typing with a shouty toddler at my feet
Thanks so much Am going to do both!There will be 9 of us.Think I will get 2 crusty loaves from bakers and do big green salad with rocket and white onion and a tomato salad with basil.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.