Talk

Advanced search

Food to keep my little one a sleep all night

(7 Posts)
Mollydolly124 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:36:27

Hello All,
My little man has just turned 1, he used to be a great sleeper but over the last few weeks he has been waking up between 2 - 4 and has been a real pain to get back to sleep!!

Normally he has a 7oz bottle at bed time around 8 - 9 and then another 7oz bottle when he wakes around 7 - 8ish the next day.

BUT I have started giving him his morning bottle between 3 - 5 - at that time in the morning I cant be bothered making a bottle so I open a carton and give him 9oz - which he drinks all up and then goes back to sleep until 8 - 9 again!!

So what I am thinking is I need to give him something really filling between 8 - 9 at night to see him through the whole night but what I dont know?? Any ideas..

Any help would be fab.

Cheers Katie. x

Seona1973 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:33:57

could you give him a snack of cereal or something before bed e.g. weetabix, porridge, etc

BertieBotts Sat 15-Aug-09 10:27:43

Are you sure it isn't food related, but something else like teething? I wouldn't be wanting to give him something just before bed because I don't think it's good to fall asleep on a full tummy (not sure though, I haven't got anything to back that up, sorry.) and also, he ought to be able to last the night at his age.

What time does he have his tea?

mothersmilk Sat 15-Aug-09 12:38:11

sprry to seem blunt but is it the heat? also i dont know were you so its a guess but my ds also 1 has been doing the same and thats what i put it down to

Mollydolly124 Sat 15-Aug-09 18:52:42

He has his tea between 5 & 6!!

It might be the heat but it's been every night for weeks now and it's not been that hot!!

Not teething either!!

Oh well, I ended up giving him a drink of juice this mroning and that worked and got him back to sleep after half hour.

xx

5inthebed Sat 15-Aug-09 18:54:17

Weetabix or ready brek are a good bedtime food (if ou want to call it that)

Supercherry Sun 16-Aug-09 21:25:55

You need slow release energy foods, things like sweet potato, banana, pasta. Maybe do a google search?

My DS had milk in the night until last week and he's 18mths though so I think it's quite common to still need milk at 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now