Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are the innocent smoothies for kids really innocent?

(10 Posts)
FairyMum Wed 18-May-05 17:05:50

My DD has recently decided she wants me to buy smoothies rather than make them for her breakfast. I have a perfectly nice blender and make lovely homemade smoothes, but she only likes the innocent smoothies now apparently. Are they really what they say they are? As pure as what I make in my blender? I know I must sound totally neurotic now, but I.....well....I am!

WideWebWitch Wed 18-May-05 17:06:49

I'm fairly sure they are Fairymum. They're not organic though iirc so if that's important maybe they're not for you.

WigWamBam Wed 18-May-05 17:07:04

All they have in them is fruit juice and pressed fruit. Nothing else at all. The only difference is that they are pasteurised to keep them fresh.

Twiglett Wed 18-May-05 17:07:14

yes IIRC but they aren't totally fresh

WideWebWitch Wed 18-May-05 17:07:40

yep, apparently so!

Twiglett Wed 18-May-05 17:08:09

here

WigWamBam Wed 18-May-05 17:09:11

They're fresh in the same way that milk is - just pasteurised. They don't use concentrates, and there are absolutely no additives in them at all.

FairyMum Wed 18-May-05 17:12:55

Ok, seems good enough. I might make my own and just put it into Innocent bottles. Ha ha!

Twiglett Wed 18-May-05 17:13:16

sorry, what I meant by fresh was that fruit and vegetables are better when freshly peeled and chopped (ie more vitamins in home-made carrot batons, than shop-bought ones) and also as they are in see-through packaging there is vitamin leaching

but wouldn't stop me giving them to kids TBH - I think you can take these things too far

Twiglett Wed 18-May-05 17:17:15

I posted previous message in the full knowledge that I have just fed my 2 a bowl of cheerios and a glass of milk and a marmite sandwich each for dinner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now