Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with a tin of salmon?

(7 Posts)
mrsruffallo Wed 17-Jun-09 12:24:38

I don't want to go shopping today, have a tin of salmon, some rice, some pasta, a potato, some frozen veg
Any ideas?

loler Wed 17-Jun-09 12:27:28

watch with interest as I had one in a hamper - my plan was to keep it until harvest festival!

Sam100 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:27:36

Do you have any soft cheese? If so I would cook pasta then add salmon soft cheese and some veg to make a creamy pasta dish. Can work with tin of tomatoes too.

mrsruffallo Wed 17-Jun-09 12:29:54

No, no soft cheese but I do have an onion and some hard cheese- maybe a tasty salmon pasta bake if I add some milk? Or does that sound disgusting?
3 yr old is pacified at the moment but will be getting hungry shortly!

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 17-Jun-09 12:31:24

Make a white sauce, or a cheese sauce if you prefer, mix the salmon into it and then stir into pasta. If you've got any parsley add that too.

oopsacoconut Wed 17-Jun-09 12:37:08

what about salmon fishcakes? mash the potato, addthe samlon salt and pepper, mix together make fishcake shapes, coat in breadcrumbs and fry or bake.

missmelly Thu 18-Jun-09 15:16:36

second the pasta idea - I make a white sauce (or use a packet of savoury sauce mix which is nicer) then chuck in a few bits that I have, maybe some frozen shrimp/prawns, maybe a few veg that I want to use up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now