Talk

Advanced search

Got a challenge for you!

(7 Posts)
nymphadora Sun 31-May-09 20:34:07

Need some new recipes for my diet sad food

Must be vegetarian, no pasta, potato, rice, bread.No chillies or mushrooms.

TIA

janeite Sun 31-May-09 20:36:41

Omelette: inside it put some asparagus spears that you have roasted in a tiny bit of olive oil and some balsamic vinegar. Eat with salad.

Falafels with salad?

Roasted butternut squash?

Cous cous?

wrinklytum Sun 31-May-09 20:41:02

Ratatouille?

Aubergines stuffed with lentils and cheese?

Spanish omelette minus the potato

Chick pea and red kidney bean curry.

oopsacoconut Sun 31-May-09 20:42:08

What about other grain? I often make 'risotto' with pearly barley. Quinoa makes a great salad with spring onion, peppers, and random other crunchy veg then add a little lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. mmm yummy!

nymphadora Sun 31-May-09 20:49:06

No grains and very limited cheese either!

Love Ratatouille but have just had it 2 days in a row and am starting to get fed up already! Same with salad!

Wrinkly tum - do you have a recipe for the curry?

oopsacoconut Sun 31-May-09 20:55:35

This is yummy

190 g red lentils
60 ml tomato puree
112 g plain yogurt
2 g garam masala
1 g ground dried turmeric
1 g ground cumin
30 ml vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, grated
120 g loosely packed fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
434 g mixed beans, rinsed and drained

DIRECTIONS
Rinse lentils and place in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Drain.
In a bowl, stir together tomato puree and yogurt. Season with garam masala, turmeric, cumin, and chile powder. Stir until creamy.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and ginger; cook until onion begins to brown. Stir in spinach; cook until dark green and wilted. Gradually stir in yogurt mixture. Then mix in tomatoes and coriander.
Stir lentils and mixed beans into mixture until well combined. Heat through, about 5 minutes.

misshardbroom Mon 01-Jun-09 19:58:51

no original ideas of my own, but I have this book and it has deeeeeeelicious recipes (albeit not cheap)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now