Talk

Advanced search

What would you do with ALOT of left over roast pork?

(15 Posts)
CharleeinChains Mon 12-Jan-09 08:17:25

I got a huge joint yesterday and roasted it we ate what we needed but i have loads left, what would you do with it?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 12-Jan-09 08:21:19

Sliced thinly it makes lovely sandwiches.

Or the good old standbye, curry!

CharleeinChains Mon 12-Jan-09 08:23:57

I always fall back on vurry but we had one the day before yesterday so i will use it but as a last resort thing!!! I do love curry though.

I will do some sandwiches but still will have a fair amount left......... its what you get for being mates with a butcher!

CharleeinChains Mon 12-Jan-09 08:24:25

Curry not vurry [sigh]

MrsJamin Mon 12-Jan-09 08:25:03

I'd do a nice stirfry, fry pork in sesame oil and honey until glazed, then remove, fry garlic, ginger and chilli for a min, put in veg and then when they are done, add noodles and pork - soooo yummy.

CharleeinChains Mon 12-Jan-09 08:31:13

Ohh that sounds nice, i might do it for myself when dp is out (he doesn't like stirfry)

Anyone got anything that i can make a meal for all of us? 2 adults and 2 children?

bellavita Mon 12-Jan-09 08:33:19

Pork stroganoff?

cyanarasamba Mon 12-Jan-09 08:34:46

Bit boring but with chips/fried egg/peas/chutney/ketchup etc?

Also second the sitr-fry idea, I'd probably shred the lot and freeze for this purpose.

How about shredded pork in BBQ sauce on baps?

chrimbospirit Mon 12-Jan-09 08:40:26

sweet and sour

The chinese bright red pork, no idea how to make that though!

Pork apple and cider casserole

OhBling Mon 12-Jan-09 09:49:47

I'd make pasta with it. Fry it with some fennel, lemon zest, and chilli - add additional spices or herbs if you want (i'd consider Italian flavours like basil and origanum). Then add a mix of 50/50 milk and white wine. Reduce then stir in a spoon of creme fraiche and serve with penne and parmesan cheese and pepper.

Otherwise mince it and make a pork version of shepherds pie.

lizziemun Mon 12-Jan-09 09:53:39

Freeze some of it to reheat in gravy for a quick roast dinner later.

sprogger Mon 12-Jan-09 10:00:09

Glaze with hoi sin sauce, slice thinly and make into a vaguely Chinese-y influenced soup with pork or chicken stock, Chinese egg noodles and a handful or two of dark leafy greens (Pak Choi, spinach, kale, whatever) and some spring onions, then drizzle a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now