Talk

Advanced search

I need to use the pack of bacon tonight. help please?

(13 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 20-Oct-08 16:51:13

I defrosted it overnight saturday/sunday for breakfast muffins sunday morning but forgot to tell DH it was there. Consequently it didn't get used but as it was frozen I need to use it today at latest don't I??

I have fresh chicken breasts, peppers, onion garlic etc. I also have some couscous, pasta, various tins.

What can I do so that the bacon doesn't go to waste? Any ideas gratefully recieved.

TIA

Slouchy Mon 20-Oct-08 16:55:31

Got potatoes?

slice pots v thinly ( like for gratin), layer potatoes, diced onion and bacon (cut into 1 inch squares). Pour over a white sauce with a little nutmeg. Bake for an hour on low heat, uncovered. Cover if top gets too brown too quick.

Califright Mon 20-Oct-08 16:57:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 20-Oct-08 16:58:23

Just wrap a couple of slices round each chicken breast, and maybe a bit of oil on the top, then bung in a medium oven for 20 mins or so.

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-Oct-08 16:59:04

I will come round for a bacon butty if that helps you out at all. grin

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 20-Oct-08 16:59:48

PandaG Mon 20-Oct-08 17:00:08

I'd do Jackie's chicken breasts for tonight, then do the pasta sauce (Califrau)with any leftover bacon and freeze for another day..., was pretty much what I was going to post!

kormAaaarrrggghhhchameleon Mon 20-Oct-08 17:00:12

bubblagirl Mon 20-Oct-08 17:16:13

bacon and onion pudding, stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon

WideWebWitch Mon 20-Oct-08 17:19:00

Wrap the chicken breasts in bacon, drizzle with olive oil, scatter garlic over, cook for 30 odd minutes

WideWebWitch Mon 20-Oct-08 17:19:20

Sorry, Jackie already said that!

mckenzie Mon 20-Oct-08 18:09:13

thanks very much everyone. I'm going to as PandaG suggested. So Jackienohead's suggestion for DH tonight and Califrau's sauce ready for tomorrow night. Perfect.

Califright Mon 20-Oct-08 18:23:41

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now