Talk

Advanced search

Are Yorkshire Puddings meant to look like Fairy Cakes???

(9 Posts)
leesmum Sun 28-Sep-08 13:48:53

Cos mine do! I have tried making them a few times and even though they taste lovely i want them to have a dip in the middlegrin Where am i going wrong? i use equal quantities of eggs, milk and flour, a pinch of salt and make sure the oil/fat is v.v.hot.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

bellavita Sun 28-Sep-08 14:17:57

4oz plain flour
1/2 pint milk
3 eggs
seasoning

Wack it all into a dish, whisk.

They come out looking fab - recipe alla Jamie Oliver

leesmum Sun 28-Sep-08 14:30:41

Thanks bella i'll try that, maybe the extra egg is where i'm going wrong?

Nbg Sun 28-Sep-08 14:33:58

Now I make the best YP's and I am from Yorkshire grin

I do 100g of plain flour, 2 eggs, 1/4 pint of milk, mix till it sounds like galloping horses grin, heat oil, pour into dishes v quickly and put back into the oven.

Never fails.

leesmum Sun 28-Sep-08 14:48:37

I'm writing that down now Nbg along with Bella's recipie, i'm not doing a roast today but will defo try both these and see what happens.....i'm determined to nail this!!!

misdee Sun 28-Sep-08 14:50:09

i do the JO ones as well.

remember the oil has to be v v vv hot, and oven whacked right up. mine go in the oven whilst meat is resting and i'm serving up everything else.

purpleflower Sun 28-Sep-08 14:51:42

I use the equal amounts and it never fails.

leesmum Sun 28-Sep-08 14:54:40

BTW do you ladies make the batter up in advance and put it in the fridge? does this make any difference? Thanks

bellavita Sun 28-Sep-08 15:00:49

I have made mine up in advance today, but have also made it up just before I use it as well - I don't think it makes any difference.

It is the heat and the oil/fat that is key.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now