Talk

Advanced search

ds2 wants sauce with everything.advice!

(12 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 13:44:27

he just wants sauce with everything.hes eating a sandwhich at the moment but wants sauce with it!

HonoriaGlossop Wed 10-Sep-08 13:49:46

A particular sauce? Or what?

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 13:50:38

red sauce mostly.

SquiffyHock Wed 10-Sep-08 13:53:55

I had this with DS, it didn't last long and I reasoned that broccoli with ketchup was better than no broccoli at all. It has lots of antioxidents in it - don't worry.

HonoriaGlossop Wed 10-Sep-08 13:56:34

tomato ketchup you mean? Give it to him! Blimey. DS has had ketchup with most things for ages. As Squiffy says it has got some quite good stuff in it. I get organic/low sugar stuff to salve the old conscience smile

devonsmummy Wed 10-Sep-08 13:57:13

my ds is going through this phase.

I've taken to giving him salsa in a bid to be slightly more healthy.

HonoriaGlossop Wed 10-Sep-08 13:57:56

don't forget as adults we have endured long years of social conditioning which mean we feel sandwich does not = tomato ketchup. But there's no reason for that really. If they like it, why not IMO.

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 13:58:04

a teaspoon a day is very beneficial apparently

bobsyouruncle Wed 10-Sep-08 13:59:24

ds and dd both do this, I get the lower salt/sugar stuff and let them have it. As squiffy says broccoli and ketchup better than no broccoli. It is annoying though, ds is known to ask for a bacon sandwich with ketchup and no bacon hmm

JuneBugJen Wed 10-Sep-08 14:02:03

It has lypocene in it which is a great antioxidant.

Saw a programme about a Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon who ate about a tube of ketchup a day to keep his skin youthful! Apparently it really works. So wouldnt worry. But would change to low sugare and salt.

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 14:03:38

he is very good at eating-he likes things most children dont like(my eldest 2 anyway!).i suppose its not that bad but its just eurghgrin

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 14:04:02

JuneBugJen-really?bleurgh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now