Talk

Advanced search

Roast parsnips - how do I make these for my 9mth old?

(6 Posts)
Holymoly321 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:51:43

He likes finger food so thought I'd give these a bash - not sure how to make them though...

Seeline Mon 11-Aug-08 14:37:19

The same as roast potatoes. I usually par-boil mine for about 10 mins before coating with a little sunflower oil and bunging in the oven. I normally do it at the same time as roasting a joint so temperature and timing vary, but about gas 6 for 30 mins - and keep an eye on them!

jesuswhatnext Mon 11-Aug-08 15:11:13

a bit of parmesan during cooking is good, as is honey!

NomDePlume Mon 11-Aug-08 15:30:46

I never parboil my parsnips. I marinate them in honey and salt and pepper for 20 or so mins and then roast them at 180 with a drizzle of olive oil for about 40 mins. Lovely.

FfreckleFface Mon 11-Aug-08 17:24:53

I wouldn't use honey if you're cooking for a nine month old - they can't have it until a year because of the risk of infant botulism.

Parboil, obviously in unsalted water, then put in pre-heated oil in a hot oven for about half an hour. Yum!

Tinkjon Mon 11-Aug-08 22:06:59

Oooh, no honey for under 1s! No need to parboil if you cut them small enough - they cook quicker than roast potatoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now