Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

White/Mealy Pudding anywhere in England??

(7 Posts)
Zephyrcat Wed 29-Dec-04 15:55:57

We're having a proper haggis neaps and tatties dinner tonight and have now got a craving for mealy pudding!! Is it possible to buy it anywhere in England?

Fimbo Wed 29-Dec-04 16:07:03

Are you Scottish then Zephyr? It may be a long shot but I think some Scottish butchers may do mail order. I love going "home" and going into a chip shop for a white pudding supper. Mouth watering at the thought of Haggis/tatties and neeps!! Can I come?

Zephyrcat Wed 29-Dec-04 16:10:10

All my family are from Aberdeen, I was the first one born down here. DP finds it very confusing as I speak totally scottish to scottish people and plain english accent to English people!!!
I've just found a website for a Scottish company thst deliver from the Highlands so they may be in for a bit of business!!!

Zephyrcat Wed 29-Dec-04 16:12:46

ps you're more than welcome to pop over!!! Mmmmmm battered haggis...............

Fimbo Wed 29-Dec-04 16:13:00

I am from Dundee originally. Dh gets annoyed with me for talking "Dundee" when I speak to someone at home. Have you got the number or a website address for the mail order company? TIA

Zephyrcat Wed 29-Dec-04 16:17:22

the site is here It'll make you very homesick!!!!!

Davrosthesnowwoman Sat 01-Jan-05 17:12:56

Is this the same as Irish white pudding? You could certainly buy that in Shepherds Bush when I lived there years ago and I bet you could buy it in Kilburn, Archway etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now