Talk

Advanced search

Best christmas biscuits / cakes

(6 Posts)
SOboredofcleaning Wed 25-Nov-20 07:58:16

Please will you share with me your best recipes for xmas biscuits, cakes, treats? I am baking for a good cause and need some inspiration!
starstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstar

OP’s posts: |
Fivemoreminutes1 Wed 25-Nov-20 16:34:50

Paul Hollywood’s mince pies (on BBC Good Food)
Christmas pudding muffins realfood.tesco.com/recipes/mini-christmas-pud-muffins.html
Gingerbread cupcakes www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/g/gingerbread_cupcakes.html
White choc, cranberry and pistachio fudge www.carnation.co.uk/recipes/cranberry-pistachio-fudge
Tiffin realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chocolate-ginger-and-cherry-tiffin.html and www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/jo-wheatley-s-white-chocolate-tiffin
Rocky road www.nigella.com/recipes/christmas-rocky-road
Orange spiced brownie trees www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/traybakes/spiced-christmas-tree-brownies

SOboredofcleaning Wed 25-Nov-20 18:26:00

Thanks @Fivemoreminutes1 smile

OP’s posts: |
Mominatrix Wed 25-Nov-20 21:56:40

My favourite Christmas biscuit is the snowball (www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/walnut_snowball_cookies/), and it isn’t really Christmas without Peppermint Bark (sallysbakingaddiction.com/peppermint-bark/).

merryhouse Wed 25-Nov-20 23:04:06

finnish star biscuits (I have lots of different cutters but the recipe calls them stars grin)

This recipe is similar - mine doesn't have mace allspice cloves or orange, and uses all black treacle no honey; it's the cardamom that makes it. I'm not sure about "a couple of millimetres" - pretty sure I go thinner than my recipe's 1cm (!) but probably about 5mm.

Blondie1984 Thu 26-Nov-20 03:19:59

Lebkuchen
Chocolate and chestnut cake/roulade
Dundee cake
Mince pie fudge

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in