Talk

Advanced search

What's the last/favourite to do in your slow cooker?

(17 Posts)
Nuttyaboutnutella Mon 02-Mar-20 08:38:35

I have two very small children and I'm finding it more difficult to cook now that my youngest is mobile. I'm trying to get more use out of my slow cooker. So far I've done Bolognese, chicken curry and currently have chilli for tonight. We're not really a casserole/stew loving family which seems to be the main 'default' for slow cookers.

What's the last thing you cooked in your slow cooker? Or your favourite? Already running out of ideas!

OP’s posts: |
user1469989812 Mon 02-Mar-20 10:54:11

I use Pinterest alot for ideas. On busy weeks I use it lots. Favorites here are crack chicken, honey garlic korean chicken, BBQ pulled pork, Mexican pulled chicken, fakeaway donner kebabs and garlic lemon chicken thighs.

Cordial11 Mon 02-Mar-20 10:56:22

I make chilli but with a beef joint (aldi) add chipotle paste in with all the norm chilli ingredients, and tin of corn extra. So yum!

Pulled pork

Pulled chicken

Campfire stew (pinch of nom recipe)

Grumpbum123 Mon 02-Mar-20 10:57:27

Jacket potatoes
Pulled pork
Campfire stew
Leg of lamb

SegregateMumBev Mon 02-Mar-20 10:57:56

DH made French onion soup in it yesterday - really good in this cold weather!

cobwebfew Mon 02-Mar-20 11:03:19

Currently have a sausage casserole simmering away in the slow cooker 🤤 I use my slow cooker often. I've made scouse, vegetable soup, meatballs, gammon, campfire stew, hunters chicken, sweet and sour.

handbagsatdawn33 Mon 02-Mar-20 13:11:38

Char sui pork, beef brisket on a bed of veg, coq au vin.

vickibee Mon 02-Mar-20 13:16:18

I use mine to make rice pudding. It is really delicious but upu haeto keep topping up the milk.
Also use it for stews

NC4Now Mon 02-Mar-20 13:17:37

Sausage surprise

Saladd0dger Mon 02-Mar-20 13:23:46

We had pulled pork last night. Just a lump of cheap pork loin and bottle of bbq sauce. Served in wraps with salad or in fresh bread rolls. If I have time I usually make my own bbq sauce.
Regularly cook a beef joint at weekends to.
Rice pudding is also a favourite in this house.
Gammon in it is lovely to.
I struggle with cooking between the kids and working so use the slow cooker as much as possible

TeddyIsaHe Mon 02-Mar-20 13:26:20

Chicken thighs with a jar or two of salsa is great! Shred the chicken, and eat in the sauce with rice/veggies or stick in wraps.

inwood Mon 02-Mar-20 13:40:01

I dont like to use it for things that dont take long to cook anyway - mince, chicken breast etc, they just turn mushy,.

Brisket, pork joint, whole chicken bigger things turn out better imo.

boredboredboredboredbored Mon 02-Mar-20 13:48:10

Ooooh mines on right now. Have a huge leg of lamb in there for tonight's tea 🐷

burntpinky Tue 03-Mar-20 06:42:48

BBC food slow cooker lemon chicken - out of this world. I serve with yoghurt and mini pianda breads or pittas

Feenie Tue 03-Mar-20 06:49:50

We have this one ofter:

allrecipes.co.uk/consent/?dest=/recipe/17202/slow-cooker-butter-chicken.aspx

Guacamole Tue 03-Mar-20 06:53:23

Stroganoff- sliced beef, mushrooms halved, sliced onion, tin of Campbell’s condensed mushroom soup, tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. Served with jacket potato.

Mumdiva99 Tue 03-Mar-20 06:58:43

Pulled pork as cheap and easy. My kids love a curry - use chicken thighs on the bone for the best chicken, or lamb or pork.
Lamb tagine goes down well too with the kids (onions, peppers, lamb, carrots, dried apricots, Ras al hanout spice mix, tinned tomatoes, squeeze of honey, bit of stock, tin of chickpeas to bulk it out )

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »