Talk

Advanced search

Prawns

(12 Posts)
mrsawhite Tue 18-Feb-20 13:40:01

Have a nice pack of big frozen prawns. Ideas of what to do with them later? Saw a nice thing whereby the prawns were marinated in spices and yoghurt. But am guessing that would go a bit weird!

OP’s posts: |
IHaveBrilloHair Tue 18-Feb-20 13:43:38

I love them in Thai curries, with crispy veg and rice noodles.

karmakameleon Tue 18-Feb-20 13:45:01

I’d do Phad Thai

mrsawhite Tue 18-Feb-20 14:11:46

I love pad Thai. But had a chicken one end of last week!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 18-Feb-20 14:26:14

We eat a lot of prawns because they’re easy to keep in the freezer and are so quick to cook.
Stir fry
Fried rice www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/k/king-prawn-stir-friedrice.html I normally omit the kimchi paste and substitute the vegetable oil for sesame or groundnut oil.
Lemony prawn and pea pasta www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/prawn-and-pea-pasta-with-lemon-creme-fraiche/ or risotto www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lemony-prawn-pea-risotto

TendsToHappen Tue 18-Feb-20 14:26:58

Are they raw or cooked

Honeybee85 Tue 18-Feb-20 14:33:17

Put the prawns with in a stir fry pan with some olive oil and chopped garlic. Fry them and in the meantime cut an avocado into cubes and 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes in half. Mix avocado cubes with the cherry tomatoes in half and put a bit of seasalt over it. Then add the shrimps and mix it with the tomatoes and the avocado.

My favorite healthy receipe when I want to eat healty but have little time to cook.

mrsawhite Tue 18-Feb-20 14:47:28

Frozen raw ones

mrsawhite Tue 18-Feb-20 14:48:45

Mm that fried rice recipe looks good!

BabyMoonPie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:09:38

Jamie Oliver's recipe for spaghetti with prawns and rocket is tasty

TendsToHappen Tue 18-Feb-20 17:18:52

Put some chopped chorizo and lots of oil into a baking dish in the oven for ten minutes on about 160

As defrosted raw prawns, toss them in the now chorizo-y pol and add some grated garlic. Bake five minutes until prawns cooked through.

Tip on to some watercress making sure you toss the delicious garlicky chorizo oil over everything. Scoff. Add some crusty olive bread to soak up the juices

cdtaylornats Wed 19-Feb-20 09:30:32

Why put oil in with chorizo - just fry dry and oil comes out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »