Talk

Advanced search

What can I make with this? (Photo)

(15 Posts)
Dangledcarrot Mon 28-Jan-19 12:33:50

An unwanted Xmas gift of 850g of milk chocolate.

Any ideas? I'm uninspired.

OP’s posts: |
Silkie2 Mon 28-Jan-19 12:55:08

Wait til easter and make some birds nests and eggs with cornflakes or all bran for the school cake sale.

WatcherOfTheNight Mon 28-Jan-19 13:03:22

Fudge !

DandilionBreak Mon 28-Jan-19 15:36:39

Melt and use for rice crispy cakes with some mini marshmallows?

Melt into custard for chocolate pudding?

Give to someone else!

Dangledcarrot Mon 28-Jan-19 21:32:41

Imagine how many crispy cakes I could make with a bar this size! I could have the cake stall to myself!

I really wanted to make something a bit more interesting but most recipes need dark chocolate.

Blondie1984 Mon 28-Jan-19 23:50:10

Chocolate ice cream?
Bake a massive chocolate cake (like a Brooklyn Blackout Cake) - I quite often bake with milk chocolate - and then take it to your nearest hospital/homeless shelter ….or eat yourself!

AdaColeman Tue 29-Jan-19 00:02:39

Chocolate sauce for ice cream, profiteroles, or pancakes? (When is pancake day?)
Rocky Road, brownies, half dipped cookies, millionaires shortbread?
Chop up for chocolate bread and butter pudding, black cherry/chocolate trifle?
Melt and dunk strawberries/sliced banana/fresh pineapple in for Valentines night pudding, or for banana splits.

TheRhythmlessMan Tue 29-Jan-19 17:44:32

I cannot believe this is an unwanted present. Wouldn't last long in my hands my family

RiverTam Tue 29-Jan-19 17:45:21

nothing. There's bugger all chocolate in it so I think it would be crap for baking.

Dangledcarrot Tue 29-Jan-19 18:37:25

TheRhythmlessMan - it just doesn't taste the same any more.

There's just so much of it!

There is no decent milk chocolate now.

RCohle Tue 29-Jan-19 18:39:27

Use it for chocolate chips in pancakes, muffins, cookies, brownies etc?

Dip strawberries in it? Or do a fondue thing with marshmallows, fruit, cake etc for the kids.

Chocolate mousse? I had a milk chocolate salted caramel mousse at a friend's house that was lovely - she said she got the recipe of bbc good food.

Make chocolate bark with whatever toppings you fancy?

Eat it alone in one sitting?

RiverTam Wed 30-Jan-19 09:22:33

Dangled good milk chocolate I've had is from M&S (one of their slabs) and Hotel Chocolate isn't bad. A few years back I got some Jamie Oliver milk chocolate which was delicious but I don't know if it exists anymore (it was in a hamper).

You have to go for minimum 40% cocoa solids and keep it in the fridge.

Fr3d Wed 30-Jan-19 09:29:07

A cup of coffee and go for it wink

MaverickSnoopy Wed 30-Jan-19 09:33:57

I was going to say eat it, but you're right, it's not the same though.

I am actually planning on making these this morning https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2459643/vintage-chocolate-chip-cookies I've made them before with really crap chocolate and never noticed. They're divine so I reckon you'd be ok.

TheRhythmlessMan Wed 30-Jan-19 09:45:08

I'm with @Fr3d grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »