Talk

Advanced search

How careful are you with raw meat??

(7 Posts)
crokky Tue 26-Jun-07 17:56:48

I am currently sharing a kitchen with my mum and her partner - I need to know if I am being neurotic or if her partner is being filthy!!

Tonight he cooked some lamb (just for himself) - he didnt bother washing his hands having handled the raw meat - even though I have a toddler here and am TTC. I wouldnt mind if it was just veg etc, but any time he handles any raw meat, he never washes his hands and then handles other stuff around the kitchen as you do. When I cook meat, I put all the dirty stuff in the dishwasher and wash my hands and really I feel he should do the same. Unfortunately, we are moving house and temporarily staying with them so I feel I cant say anything to him as it is his house and he can behave as he chooses.

How careful should you be with meat? I am not a great cook (although I try!) so I am probably over careful.

In fact he doesnt even wash his hands after using the toilet, but for some reason I dont mind that as much as the meat.

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 17:58:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PenelopePitstops Tue 26-Jun-07 18:00:20

eww at toilet thing, thats much worse!

but meat you should be reasonably careful, ie wash hands etc

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 18:01:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumto3girls Tue 26-Jun-07 18:07:00

Thats gross - if you can't talk to him can you mention it to your mum and get some anti-bac soap for their bathroom and kitchen?

Diplidophus Tue 26-Jun-07 18:07:49

I don't worry about meat (I try to be careful but forget). However not wasing oyur hands after gong to the loo - yuck yuck yuck!

crokky Tue 26-Jun-07 18:22:09

Thanks for your responses - I am glad you all think he is filthy as well. I will have to talk to my mum as he just thinks that I have a hygiene fetish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now