Talk

Advanced search

Dried fruit energy bar help food processor

(4 Posts)
Kangar00 Fri 02-Mar-18 20:28:04

My husband has just been diagnosed celiac. He wants to start making his own dried fruit bars as well as soups. Should we get a food processor, and what would you recommend?

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Sat 03-Mar-18 17:10:15

There are lots of gluten free bars that you can get like Nakd, Perkier, the Go Ahead Goodness ones(similar to Nakd but cheaper) but if he did want to make his own then a processor would make it much easier - especially if he wanted to put nuts in
I’ve made some using a version of the Nutribullet - also works well for soup but I got this for Xmas and it’s pretty good www.amazon.co.uk/VonShef-750W-Food-Processor-Attachment/dp/B072JZ1HQK/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&keywords=food+processor&dpID=51f62-3Z2lL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1520096900&dpSrc=srch&sr=1-4

Kangar00 Sat 03-Mar-18 20:34:40

Thank you. We already buy nakd but they are quite expensive. He went to John Lewis and has decided on a magimix food processor now.

OP’s posts: |
RiskIt4Biscuit Sun 04-Mar-18 12:26:52

A Magimix is a great choice! I absolutely love mine, and it has lasted so well. My parents have one too, and they love it too.

I used to have a Kitchen Aid food processor, and have had one of the cheaper brands as well. They simply are not made to last, and the cheaper brands seem to be too flimsy to properly chop and mix stuff like dried fruit and nuts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »