Talk

Advanced search

Aldi or Lidl?

(14 Posts)
Mummasbigsmiles Sat 06-Jan-18 18:27:37

I'm wondering what everyone prefers? Aldi or Lidl? I love Aldi but it's so far from where I stay, I have discovered there is a Lidl a bus ride away from me. Is this just as good and cheap as Aldi? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 06-Jan-18 18:30:53

My local Lidl is shite so i prefer aldi

DiscoDeviant Sat 06-Jan-18 18:31:46

I prefer Aldi. I think it depends on where you are though. My Aldi is frequently restocked with fresh fruit/veg etc. The Lidl is in a not so nice area and the fruit/veg is always really old as it doesn’t sell as much. Friends in the Midlands say it’s opposite there.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Sat 06-Jan-18 18:55:28

Totally depends on the individual stores. Where we are they vary a lot, whereas the variety and quality of stock is pretty similar really.

whosebootsaretheseshoes Sat 06-Jan-18 19:08:26

I have Aldi and Lidl, both new stores quite near to me, along the same road. I tend to use Aldi, as I seem to be able to do a more complete shop there (they stock coffee beans which I can't get in Lidl). The in store bakery and general quality is fab in Lidl though - definitely worth a visit and still cheaper then the main stores.

Yawningalldaylong Sat 06-Jan-18 19:12:56

I have both, along with a small Sainsbury's and Waitrose. I prefer Lidl, I don't think there's that much difference, but Lidl steak is great, along with their cheese, bread and pretty much all the essentials.

RedPandaMama Sat 06-Jan-18 19:14:14

We have a Lidl down the road and prefer that to the Aldi we used to go to. I feel like they're pretty similar tbh but more brands in Lidl if we want them, also the bakery is amazzzzing.

picklemepopcorn Sat 06-Jan-18 19:21:58

I prefer Lidl. But Aldi is almost as good.

sparklefarts Sun 07-Jan-18 09:40:10

I second the pp's lidl steak is great comment.
We had the pack of two rump steak this week for £4.something and they were so soft! Much nicer bit of meat that the ones we usually pay double for in Tesco grin

Littlelambpeep Sun 07-Jan-18 11:10:58

I think aldi is better for a big shop, but I love lidl too. Nappies and baby stuff is great from aldi. The almat washing powder, chicken and all of that..

Lidl blue bag of museli and luxury goods - limescale remover and that sort of thing.

Flippetydip Mon 08-Jan-18 12:46:47

Aldi is on a par with Waitrose on the ethical consumer list - Lidl is much further down.

www.ethicalconsumer.org/buyersguides/food/supermarkets.aspx

So, if you're concerned about environment, animal welfare etc maybe worth taking a look.

Ilovecakeallday Mon 08-Jan-18 17:07:07

I prefer aldi

VivaLeBeaver Mon 08-Jan-18 17:09:51

Lidl for the bakery.

Hoppinggreen Mon 08-Jan-18 19:10:36

We like Lidl mostly for the bakery

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »