Talk

Advanced search

Electric pressure cookers. Anybody like theirs? Any tips or recipes to share?

(8 Posts)
WanderingJules Sat 09-Dec-17 10:58:43

Good snowy morning!

Was on Amazon yesterday, originally looking for a slow cooker with a timer function (ours doesn’t have one, thought it would be more useful), and I came across the new electric presssure cookers.
Read the reviews, and bought the 12 in 1 5ltr pressure king pro, to be delivered Monday.
Frozen chicken cooked in an hour! Really! Can’t wait for that...
Well, anyway...
If you have one, do you like it? What have you made that turned out successful? Any useful tips?

OP’s posts: |
WanderingJules Sat 09-Dec-17 10:59:41

Many thanks in advance 💐

LittleBearinaBigWorld Sun 10-Dec-17 13:02:31

I don't have one personally but I know that the girls at Pinch of Nom use pressure cookers for their recipes sometimes - they also follow Slimming World so their recipes are really healthy :-)

WanderingJules Sun 10-Dec-17 18:11:57

Thanks @Little.
Just so happens I use a lot of SW recipes so it’s a bonus.
It arrived today, a day early, and does carrot and coriander soup in about 5 minutes!

Afreshturkeyplease Sun 10-Dec-17 18:12:58

Ive just bought one of these so watching with interest

Fffion Sun 10-Dec-17 18:15:06

I have a One Pot. I haven’t really used the slow cooker function, as we already have a slow cooker, but find it really useful.

I was originally trying to replace a rice cooker but for not much extra, I could get massive functionality.

WanderingJules Mon 11-Dec-17 19:54:55

Exactly @Ffion
So many things that can be done with it, isn’t there? Unfortunately, I cannot make anything in it yet, due to needing a food shop.
Mine has a slow cooker function too, and if it works ok, will replace the existing one.
I will update once used.

WanderingJules Mon 11-Dec-17 19:58:24

@Afreshturkey, I think you can put a fresh turkey crown in it, to go with your username.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in