Talk

Advanced search

Oat Breakfast bar recipe needed please.

(10 Posts)
Abitcomplex Sun 28-May-17 20:16:42

Helloooo, does anybody have any oat based basic breakfast bar recipes (preferably easy), something with a low sugar content but tasty? (tall order, I know...)
Fed up of the sugar content in the supermarket ones, and ideally would like to add a few favourite fruit/nut combinations of my own in them, but happy to go with suggestions also.
Many thanks in advance xxx

Movingin2017 Sun 28-May-17 20:22:41

I used this one the other day. It was quite sweet despite not having that much sugar so I think could easily half the sugar especially if you are chucking in a few raisins etc
www.foodthoughts.co.uk/recipe-items/cacao-nib-chia-seed-flapjack-cookies/

MusicToMyEars800 Sun 28-May-17 20:27:58

allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/40994/great-granola-bars.aspx
These are the granola bars I make, they are a big hit with everyone who tries them, you can add what you like to them.

Abitcomplex Sun 28-May-17 20:28:33

Just had a look* Moving*, see what you mean, not a lot of sugar, but that's given me a good base to start with, thanks flowers

Abitcomplex Sun 28-May-17 20:37:00

Thanks music, pretty good recipe there too flowers

Abitcomplex Sun 28-May-17 21:05:28

Sorry Moving and Music, not doing well with the bold letters..

Blondie1984 Mon 29-May-17 00:26:03

I make these ones quite often nicsnutrition.com/oat-apple-breakfast-bars/ - this is just the base recipe but you can make lots of different variations just by changing the nuts and fruit

CaptainWarbeck Mon 29-May-17 05:28:02

Not a recipe, but pieces of dried apple are tasty in homemade muesli bars, as is desiccated coconut, and peanut butter adds protein and helps bind it together.

I sometimes mash up a banana and stir that into the mix. I sub honey in for some of the sugar, and usually cut the sugar down too.

CaptainWarbeck Mon 29-May-17 05:32:01

Moving I might try your great British chefs recipe, looks good. Thanks for the tip about the sugar.

Abitcomplex Mon 29-May-17 21:56:57

Thanks captain and blondie, more ideas.
Got my heart set on a mixture of apples cinnamon and almonds, see how that goes, thanks xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now