Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast inspiration

(20 Posts)
HowManyMoreTimes Thu 23-Mar-17 17:29:41

I'm hoping for some new breakfast ideas, as I'm sick of the 'same old, same old' every day.

I've usually eaten oat based breakfasts, porridge, muesli, granola type cereals, but have been finding the oats are not suiting me so well any more.

Toast and wheat based cereals leave me hungry after about an hour, and I don't want to eat sugary/pastry/pancake type stuff every day although every Sunday doesn't count!

I have the usual crazy mornings as everyone else with kids/school runs/work stuff does, so what can you suggest or recommend please?

Bitchfromhell Thu 23-Mar-17 17:34:04

Eggs! Breakfast of kings. 2 each morning with whatever keeps you going until lunch. Sugar free too.

drinkyourmilk Thu 23-Mar-17 17:36:17

Eggs and bacon. Quick and filling.
Full fat natural yoghurt with fruit.

HowManyMoreTimes Thu 23-Mar-17 17:51:48

I love yoghurt and fruit, it just doesn't seem to fill me up for long.

Eggs are great, especially with bacon, but again it's the time issue! If only omelettes reheated well sad

SunnySomer Thu 23-Mar-17 17:55:38

What about adding chopped roast hazelnuts and maybe mixed seeds to the fruit and yoghurt? I find banana&potter fruit plus full fat yoghurt plus seeds really filling.

What about hard boiled eggs cold! Imagine it's a continental buffet!

guinnessgirl Thu 23-Mar-17 17:58:00

Frittata would work well cold, you could put lots of nice veg in too, and potato etc?

abeandhalo Thu 23-Mar-17 18:00:12

I find a fruit smoothie does me really well especially if it includes banana and yoghurt, seems to keep me full for longer than cereal.

I also really like wholemeal bagels, with cream cheese or butter and Marmite or smashed banana. Find that keeps me a lot more full than normal toast.

TheGaleanthropist Thu 23-Mar-17 18:03:38

Leftovers from night before.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:04:56

Slice of mozzarella, salami and tomato in oven for 5-7 mins, good low carb breakfast, should keep you full for a while!

Or, avocado and tomatoes on toast ( pref sour bread ) is yum!

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:06:09

Spanish tortilla, made the day before before, eat hot or cold.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:07:39

Bagel with peanut butter or cream cheese and smoked salmon

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:11:19

Croissant with ham and cheese ( in microwave)

Ham and cheese toasted

Tinned tomatoes and cheese on toast.( toast bread first), heat Tom's in microwave, put on toast, add sliced cheese then grill.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:13:03

*ham and cheese toastie, if you have a toastie maker!

SuperFlyHigh Thu 23-Mar-17 18:17:18

abeandhalo good idea re bagels I recall buying them spread with marmite at London Bridge station but will buy some now. They were/are yummy!

HelenaJustina Thu 23-Mar-17 18:20:14

I like chocolate overnight oats at the moment.
Mash a ripe banana, mix with 1oz oats, 2 tablespoons (ish) cocoa powder and 4fl oz milk of your choice and leave to soak overnight.
Tastes delicious, chocolate hit with only the sugar from the banana and the oats to keep you going.

Butternutsqoosh Thu 23-Mar-17 18:23:36

We are fans of breakfast burritos...wrap grated cheese, melt in microwave, ham on top, ketchup and scrambled egg....poss fresh tomato, avocado etc etc yum!!

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 23-Mar-17 23:00:04

Beans on toast
Avocado on toast
Garlic mushrooms on toast

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 23:04:53

Doesn't a mashed banana go brown and rotten if left overnight?

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 23:07:49

Breakfast ideas microwaved in a mug!

www.popsugar.com/food/Microwave-Mug-Breakfast-Ideas-35569974

HelenaJustina Fri 24-Mar-17 06:46:55

But it's mixed with cocoa powder so you can't tell it's gone brown, honestly it's delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now