Talk

Advanced search

1 tin tuna, rice, pasta or cous cous, peas, corn, leeks - ready steady cook

(11 Posts)
JoshandJamie Wed 21-Feb-07 15:22:00

Help me. I'm allergic to fish. I'm scraping the bottom of my larder to find something for my boys for supper. I have all of the above but am not sure what to do with them as I can't eat the stuff and have to guess what tastes good. I have no mayonaise, otherwise they'd just get tuna/mayo sandwiches. What's easy??

Bozza Wed 21-Feb-07 15:31:28

Could you make a tuna pasta bake? Maybe with the veg added?

noddyholder Wed 21-Feb-07 15:34:16

Do you have tinned tomatoes?

JoshandJamie Wed 21-Feb-07 15:35:55

yes - i have tinned tomatoes

monkeymonkeymoomoo Wed 21-Feb-07 15:37:29

Tuna pasta bake, chuck it all in a pot (bar the rice and cous cous) sprinkle some cheese on top and pop it under the grill! Yum

noddyholder Wed 21-Feb-07 15:39:18

Make a tuna casserole with the tuna tomatoes peas and corn Let it simmer for a while then at the end tip in some couscous and put a lid on it for 5 mins I often do this and it makes a lovely stew

JoshandJamie Wed 21-Feb-07 15:41:24

With the tuna pasta bake, do you add the tomatoes or not? Otherwise isn't it a bit dry?

Thanks for the suggestions

Bozza Wed 21-Feb-07 15:42:34

Yes I would add the tinned toms.

JoshandJamie Wed 21-Feb-07 15:46:07

Fab - thank you. I will give the pasta bake a whirl and next time will try the cous cous stew idea.

Just finished making a batch of flapjacks (which remarkably I've never made before) - another end of larder goodie.

Mercy Wed 21-Feb-07 15:46:31

If you have a potato, you could do tuna fish cakes and serve with rice/couscous, peas and sweetcorn.

JoshandJamie Wed 21-Feb-07 16:56:28

Noddyhholder, I ended up making your cous cous thing after all as I ran out of time with the pasta. And it has been a hit. DH came home early and has tried it and says it's yum. So I think I will be making this again. Thanks for the idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now