Aubergine???

(6 Posts)
Lenazabaglione Sat 12-Nov-16 10:35:56

Made the mistake of taking DH food shopping with me yesterday. Now have an aubergine that neither of us have any plans for. I have no idea what to do with it! A side dish would be good. Any suggestions??

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sat 12-Nov-16 10:52:53

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/feb/20/how-to-cook-the-perfect-aubergine-parmigiana

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/19/10-best-aubergine-recipes

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/aubergine

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ratatouille_19540

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/09/jack-monroe-aubergine-chickpea-curry-recipe

mmmmmchocolate Sat 12-Nov-16 10:53:25

You could do a simple ratatouille, which would be nice with chicken or fish? My favourite thing to do with aubergine is to slice lengthways, spread with tomato sauce from a jar and sprinkle with cheese/top with mushrooms or peppers. It's like a bread less pizza and delicious with some salad.

trixymalixy Sat 12-Nov-16 11:00:30

Aubergine parmigiana. Mmmm.

GinSolvesEverything Sat 12-Nov-16 19:26:36

Do you have a griddle pan? Brush with olive oil, and slap on the pan. Lots of salt and a bit more oil after it's done. Then use to make bruschetta - tomatos cooked down to a sauce, garlic, toasted bread, capers, anything really!

Lenazabaglione Sat 12-Nov-16 22:18:35

Thanks everyone. I lightly battered slices and shallow fried in the end. Yum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now