Full fat flavoured yogurt

(9 Posts)
dollybird Thu 03-Nov-16 20:34:00

Where can I get a pot of flavoured yogurt that's full fat but without added sugar? Or do I have to get natural yogurt and add fruit/seeds etc?

Piscivorus Thu 03-Nov-16 20:38:02

If you are trying to low carb I would say use FF greek yoghurt and add your own fruit, etc. I haven't found any low sugar FF yoghurts, they are all either low fat with sweeteners or full fat with high sugar

Blondie1984 Thu 03-Nov-16 23:39:26

I haven't come across any - I think because sugar (or sweeteners) has to be added to help preserve the fruit. Your best bet is probably to buy a pot of full fat natural yogurt and then stir in your own fruit.
For example you could puree some raspberries and stir that through

dollybird Fri 04-Nov-16 07:52:29

Not trying to low carb exactly, just trying to make a few tweaks following on from the 'AIBU to think I eat healthily' thread. Thanks for the tips I get natural yogurt for the morning anyway, but have switched to whole milk yogurt. I just like to take a pot to work, and it's easier to just grab a pot from fridge!

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 04-Nov-16 07:58:14

we use those little weaning pots. to take with us.
full fat life yoghurt + a spoonfull of frozen fruit and a little ground almonds or hazelnuts for sweetness.

dollybird Fri 04-Nov-16 13:04:16

oh thanks Pink, I'll look out for those smile

Blondie1984 Sat 05-Nov-16 00:03:00

You could try the Total Greek Fruyo fruit yoghurts - whilst they are fat free (although I think the coconut one is full fat) they don't contain many of the "nasties" that other fruit flavoured yoghurts (fat free or not) contain-i.e. they have sugar rather than sweeteners and because they are quite high protein they keep you full a bit longer

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 06-Nov-16 14:34:50

Longley farm are amazing.

dollybird Fri 11-Nov-16 10:31:58

Have got these which are very nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now