Chicken and noodles... veg dilemma!

(4 Posts)
Libby34 Wed 26-Oct-16 16:51:36

So for dinner tonight I planned on just chucking some chicken breast in the frying pan with some noodles, veg , soy sauce and spices. Quick, easy, relatively cheap and everyone loves it. Winner. However, I usually use peppers and mushrooms etc but I've got a bag of mixed veg (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower) and some asparagus to use up. Would that taste weird if I used them instead? And if I did should I boil or fry them? If not, anyone else got any ideas of something tasty I could do with that veg?

JamieVardysParty Wed 26-Oct-16 17:49:07

I always stirfry with broccoli and carrots, asparagus too when in season. Cauliflower for me goes more with Indian food than stirfry.

Just cut them up small and stirfry.

Seeline Wed 26-Oct-16 17:52:00

I always have broccoli and carrot in my stir fries. I don't see why cauliflower wouldn't work if it was cut up small. I shove any bits of veg in mine - courgette, cabbage, mushroom, pepper, mini corn, mange tout, onion, spring onion, Chinese leaf, pak choy. Just cut it all up small, throw it in tha pan after the meat, add a little water and let it steam/fry. Add the noodles/sauce at the end.

Libby34 Wed 26-Oct-16 21:34:15

Thanks you two! Ended up chucking the veg that needed to be eaten in the freezer and using some other veg we've got. Will definitely try it though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now