Talk

Advanced search

Dairy hating children...

(3 Posts)
waitingforsomething Mon 20-Jun-16 02:26:36

I seem to be the mother of a dairy hating 11month old. This is new to me because my first DC was (and still is age 3.5) a big fan of milk. He drinks next to nothing out of a bottle or a cup except water, is resistant to yoghurt and refuses to be spoon fed any milk-laden cereal, prefering it dry.
He does eat cheddar cheese in sauces and by itself so this is something, and I am aware of broccoli/salmon being calcium rich and he eats both of these.
I am interested in parents of dairy intolerant or dairy disliking children and what dairy products they do enjoy or where you sneak it in?

LBOCS2 Mon 20-Jun-16 23:09:38

I was a dairy hating child! From the point I could make my preferences known. Turns out I'm mildly intolerant, but I also hate them.

Mostly I disguise the flavour and that helps a lot. If I make a white sauce I do it with half milk, half water. Mild cheese only - mozzarella is fine, cheddar isn't. Ice cream, custard, cheap yoghurt is ok. Whipped cream, cheesecake, butter in anything (mashed potato, sandwiches) isn't.

It all affects my stomach though ;)

haggard1 Mon 20-Jun-16 23:38:53

Rice milk, almond milk, soya puddings and yogurt are sweet. DS has always preferred dry cereal wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now