Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hurray! The sun is out... What can I eat that's NOT bbq food?

(13 Posts)
hangingoutattheendofmywick Sun 05-Jun-16 13:08:07

Wondering if you can help me decide what to eat today. It's boiling hot and the sun is shining (finally) so usually my thoughts are BBQ food especially burgers / hot dogs. But I really don't want to have that.

Husband says it's too hot to eat and feels ill. He's said no to suggestion of cheese and I don't want salad. So any suggestions of the best thing to eat when it's lovely hot and sunny.

We both eat meat. We don't care about calories/ health (today) and want somethings scrummy.

I await to drool over your replies.
Thanks, a sunbathing SAHM.

hangingoutattheendofmywick Sun 05-Jun-16 13:09:00

Not somethings scrummy. Something.

FauxFox Sun 05-Jun-16 13:13:53

Chicken satay
Salmon with new potatoes
Spanish omelette
Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels

seeyounearertime Sun 05-Jun-16 13:16:59

we're haivng a buffet type deal. Chicken dippers, sausage rolls, crips, cheese and pineapple on sticks etc.

Cant be arsed to put effor tin and feel in a grazing and nibbling type mood.

hangingoutattheendofmywick Sun 05-Jun-16 13:21:06

Ooh I love the idea of the bagels with salmon cream cheese. Also love the buffet suggestion - I'm in a nibble all day (drink all day) mood too.

RaeSkywalker Sun 05-Jun-16 13:22:36

Spanish omelette and new potatoes.

Blueberry234 Sun 05-Jun-16 13:24:49

We are having nectarine, mozzarella salad (nectarine, mozzarella, mint, Parma ham and olive oil) with crusty bread

Blueberry234 Sun 05-Jun-16 13:26:09

Sorry didn't note the no salad. I would just nip to supermarket into deli bit and buy lots of nibbles

brodchengretchen Sun 05-Jun-16 13:53:00

Butterflied chicken with a spicy rub sliced in a pitta bread with dab of sour cream and loads of chopped coriander. Serve with a very cold beer. Heaven.

Jelliedeels Sun 05-Jun-16 13:56:53

Chuckling to myself.

I'm doing a roast and all the trimmings ! And cause I can't be arsed to go shopping it looks like it's still going to be a roast

hangingoutattheendofmywick Sun 05-Jun-16 14:03:16

Broden that sounds amazing

Dancingqueen17 Sun 05-Jun-16 18:24:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hangingoutattheendofmywick Sun 05-Jun-16 20:02:40

Well thank you all - in the end we had spicy chicken fajitas with a lot of sour cream. Yummmm....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now