Talk

Advanced search

Best simple breakfast ideas

(13 Posts)
stoopstofolly Thu 22-Oct-15 11:51:51

I need some ideas for breakfasts for 2 DC (9 and 5). We leave the house at 8.00 so it needs to be something that we can make really quickly. They're bored of porridge and weetabix, but I find all other cereals seem to have too much sugar in.....
Any obvious suggestions I'm missing? Anything I could prepare the night before and reaheat?
Suggestions gratefully received!

HelenF35 Thu 22-Oct-15 11:57:36

Omelettes, only take a few mins to make.

Dancingqueen17 Thu 22-Oct-15 12:26:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Thu 22-Oct-15 12:29:12

Cheese and mushroom croissants. Prep them the day before and heat them in the oven for a few minutes.

Sweet or savoury muffins

maitaimojito Thu 22-Oct-15 12:35:26

Peanut butter on toast or bagel.

Boiled eggs can be cooked in about 5 minutes.

Highlove Thu 22-Oct-15 13:03:26

Bircher muesli - you make it the night before and just serve in the morning. See recipe on a separate thread entitled bircher muesli recipe!

stoopstofolly Thu 22-Oct-15 15:10:49

Thank you! Some good thoughts, especially things like beans that I have firmly in my head for "lunch"!
I am putting DD (age 9, nearly 10) in charge of breakfast- it might be time to look at expanding her cooking repertoire! She can already do scrambled eggs so it's not that much of a stretch to an omelette..smile

MilkyChops Thu 22-Oct-15 19:40:46

Bagel with cream cheese. Greek yogurt and strawberries. Rice crispies aren't sugary are they? Egg on toast. Beans on toast.

toffeeboffin Wed 28-Oct-15 23:54:58

How about banana bread? Made with sultanas, walnuts if they like them. Serve with a yogurt. BB is also great toasted if it's a bit stale.

lastqueenofscotland Thu 29-Oct-15 12:13:27

If man could live by bagel and cream cheese alone I would.

Pancakes are easy and the batter keeps for a good few days if you made a batch.

Destinysdaughter Mon 02-Nov-15 19:45:06

You can cook sausages the night before and reheat in microwave. Toasted sausage sarnies, yum!

Mummyoftwo91 Tue 03-Nov-15 12:22:23

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/sweet-potato-muffins/ These are too die for big hit with my family, I leave the chillies out for the kids, tens to make them the night before

adriennewillfly Wed 04-Nov-15 01:02:03

Scrambled egg done in the microwave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now