Talk

Advanced search

Need easy egg + dairy free recipes to cook with tots

(4 Posts)
Nickity Mon 17-Aug-15 11:58:19

Howdy, the wee ones aged 4 + 2 love watching I Can Cook. We do a bit of baking + I've been wanting to get them cooking simple meals for ages, but my son's lactose intolerant + my daughter's allergic to eggs. Both are also fussy. Finding meals they both can + will eat at all is enough of a challenge, so I'm struggling to find fun, easy recipes for getting them involved in the cooking.

When we bake we use mashed banana in place of egg, but that obviously wouldn't translate to cooking.

Any ideas anyone? Ta x

cdtaylornats Mon 17-Aug-15 14:43:08

Vegan chocolate cupcakes

Www.popsugar.com/fitness/vegan-chocolate-cupcakes-35927206

Brandysnapper Mon 17-Aug-15 14:49:34

Maybe too "ready made" for you, but what about packets of sosomix or burger mix, then they help add the water, mix and shape them themselves, before you fry them? Dp has made non-eggy eggy bread too. Pizza dough, then covering it with toppings (either vegan cheese or just no cheese and veggies). It must be quite hard.

addictedtosugar Mon 17-Aug-15 14:55:09

Sweet or savoury?
From small mine loved cutting mushroom, bananas etc with a table knife. So maybe salads ( fruit and veg ones).
What happens if you get a began recipie book, and look for stuff they would like to help with from there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now