Talk

Advanced search

Dried fruit / nuts out of date - would you eat?

(5 Posts)
MrsJorahMormont Tue 14-Jul-15 21:52:38

I have loads of those wretched Graze boxes and most of them were shoved to the back of a cupboard and forgotten about. Some of them are over a year out of date blush but they are well sealed in little individual plastic tubs and were stored in a cool cupboard. Do you think they would still be ok to eat? And would you eat them as they are or cook them in porridge / rice pudding?

Highlove Tue 14-Jul-15 22:05:02

I'd definitely still eat. It'll be really obvious if they're not ok, like the fruit has started to ferment or something. I'd probably cook with them though, just in case they're a bit tired now though rather than in case of nasties.

Bunbaker Tue 14-Jul-15 22:13:55

Out of date nuts probably won't kill you. They will just taste rancid and nasty.

MrsJorahMormont Tue 14-Jul-15 22:19:40

Ok, thank you! I won't put them in DD's lunchbag or anything then. The little boxes are sort of heat sealed.

I could just dump them of course confused

Pedestriana Tue 14-Jul-15 22:21:25

I'd taste them and see if they were okay. If not, they'd go on the compost heap/in the green waste. If they were okay, then everyone would be getting flapjacks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now