Talk

Advanced search

Opinions and suggestions for this lunch?

(5 Posts)
Graterater Thu 04-Dec-14 09:46:38

Having the ILs over the week before Christmas (wont be seeing them on actual Christmas). Was thinking:

Home made bread and butter with home cured salmon. (just for eating while chatting rather than plated up).

Slow cooked pork belly
I would usually do this with ottolenghi rhubarb chutney and mini cucumber and chilli salad but maybe a bit too summery? Also they aren't terribly adventurous so may not be popular. Was thinking maybe rainbow chard instead. And then would need another semi interesting side. I want to give them something they'll like whilst also encouraging them to be slightly more adventurous than meat and two veg.

Lemon and saffron cake for pudding.

Thoughts?

agoodbook Thu 04-Dec-14 16:48:04

how about this for a side- not too outrageous?
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/pulses/broad-bean-salad-with-pancetta-and-sherry-vinegar.html

Graterater Thu 04-Dec-14 16:51:38

Ooh that looks just the kind of thing. Although I know BIL won't like it. He is absurd though.

Will also do crushed newps

agoodbook Thu 04-Dec-14 18:32:36

Not sure if it would be too oily to go with the pork, but how about roasted cherry tomatoes with shallots, whole garlic and herbs?
I love green bean salad as well smile

Graterater Fri 05-Dec-14 11:53:05

Oh green bean salad good idea.perhaps I should ditch the chard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now