Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have a 1.2 kilos of Wispa bite chocolates... Help!

(6 Posts)
Theicingontop Tue 16-Apr-13 11:22:58

OH brought a case of these things home from work. I think he's trying to kill me with chocolate tbh, so I need some recipes to use them up, they go off in a few weeks. I have ten bags of them!

The chocolates are quite small, 1cmx1.5cm rectangles, so I could use them as chunks in a cake perhaps? Do you think I could melt them down and use them in something, or would all the bubbles in the chocolate cause some sort of consistency problem? confused

Thanks in advance grin

zanz1bar Tue 16-Apr-13 11:53:22

Why do you think they will go off?
The sell buy date for chocolate can be very flexible, esp if I find a lonley bar at the back of the fridge.

PeterParkerSays Tue 16-Apr-13 11:57:20

They're just chocolate - they'll melt just fine.

Do they "go off" i.e. have a use by date, or just have a "best before date" in which case you'll be fine to use them in cooking for months. They might develop a bloom on the outside of the chocolate but it will still be fine to eat / use and that won't show when it's been melted.

Brownies, rocky road, hot chocolate, the options are endless....

Theicingontop Tue 16-Apr-13 12:11:39

Yeah it's the bloom that I'm aiming to avoid really, reminds me of mould <shudder>

flowery Tue 16-Apr-13 12:18:06

I have no helpful recipes but would like to selflessly volunteer myself to assist in their timely consumption... grin

FancyPuffin Tue 16-Apr-13 12:24:52

Another selfless volenteer here grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now