Talk

Advanced search

What food gift to take to a party?

(10 Posts)
NoillyPrat Tue 25-Sep-12 19:33:06

We're going to a family party on saturday, and we've been asked to take some drinks and I've had a request to bake something too (as they loved the things I made them in their Christmas hamper.)

Now, we're going to have a car full of stuff and it'll take about 3 hours to get there, so it needs to travel well. I can't think what to make other than it'll likely be something sweet. Any ideas? Thanks smile

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Tue 25-Sep-12 21:12:02

Cheese straws! Yum, yum, yum.

NoillyPrat Wed 26-Sep-12 06:45:46

Ooh, good idea, thanks. What about something sweet as well? smile

NoillyPrat Wed 26-Sep-12 06:47:13

I saw a fab cake in a cook book I have that'd be great to make, but it has chocolate ganache on. Do you think it'd melt? (as no doubt we'll have the heating on in the car)

justaweeone Wed 26-Sep-12 06:51:47

What about some of Lorraine Pascals peanut butter squares that she made recently on her TV show?

eslteacher Wed 26-Sep-12 10:21:44

Chocolate brownies? Cupcakes? Ginger cookies? I'm thinking individual things will be easier and safer to transport than one big cake.

Sweepea Wed 26-Sep-12 11:01:01

Nigella's damp lemon and almond cake from her domestic goddess book. Great as a dessert or with coffee. It's better made a few days in advance and you just wrap it in tin foil til you need it. My family always request it grin

NoillyPrat Wed 26-Sep-12 11:20:46

Thanks for the suggestions smile I've decided on sweet pie pops, cheese twists and some big chewy cookies smile

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Wed 26-Sep-12 11:24:26

Mmm, I hope I'm at the party!

milk Thu 27-Sep-12 09:09:11

Rocky road brownies grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now