Talk

Advanced search

children's cooking apron

(11 Posts)
outofpractice Fri 31-Oct-03 11:25:59

Ds wants a cooking apron like mine, ie not just the type of overall that you can buy for children doing painting. I remember having a small apron when I was little but have not seen any in the shops. Has anyone got one, from where?

Beccarollo Fri 31-Oct-03 11:29:37

Ikea have got them in! Saw them a couple of weeks ago.

Twink Fri 31-Oct-03 11:48:55

Dd got one with a cookie kit from Sainsbury's - unfortunately it's a 'Blue Parrot' one.

I also got her one from Lakeland (I think)

hana Fri 31-Oct-03 12:05:22

yup, and I think they are only a pound or so in Ikea, with 2 oven pads thingys as well. Bargin! It's just the dreaded trip to Ikea though....

outofpractice Fri 31-Oct-03 12:10:19

We don't have an IKEA or Lakeland within 2 hours of home ... been looking on the internet and am amazed that they are asking about £11 for a tiny apron.

Twink Fri 31-Oct-03 13:04:51

Just found this on Google (searched on kids aprons, uk only) which have some for less than half that.

If you get nowhere, post a description of what he wants and how big he is and I'll do you a quote ! Only half joking, sewing machine is currently acting as a dust magnet.

binker Tue 04-Nov-03 11:11:34

I got a nice checked one from Letterbox mail order (with my son's name embroidered on it)- looks very nice ! Also, I think the Rick Stein website has nice aprons and chef's jackets,

JanZ Tue 04-Nov-03 13:05:01

I got a "Thomas the Tank Engine" apron at a craft fair (actually, the craft tent at the Glasgow Highland Cattle Show) for a few quid. I felt very proud that I was already buying Christmas presents (this was the beginning of October) - now I just need to remember that I've got it!

How about buying a small amount of "children's" fabric (whatever your ds is interested in - Thomas or Tweenies or whatever) and making your own? It's a very simple shape and all you need to do is add ribbon for the ties and the bit that goes over your head.

Jaybee Tue 04-Nov-03 13:52:14

John Lewis usually do them - plastic coated ones in the handicraft area and plain white or navy blue in the school area - not sure if they have them on their website though.

ruth30 Fri 08-Jul-05 14:49:15

i run a business called Tasty Tales which is all about cooking with kids see \link{www.tastytales.co.uk} its worth a look if you enjoy cooking together. we are going to offer aprons but don't as yet, try splashinnovations.co uk i can't remember if they do one offs. our local market has loads don't know if you have a market near.

babyonboard Fri 08-Jul-05 22:43:57

asda have some really nice ones..red and white stripes, or polka dots and some other patterns..i think there are £1.99 each., i know this as i bought one thinking it was teatowels...he he

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now