Talk

Advanced search

Good cupcake book

(9 Posts)
Rosa Sat 17-Sep-11 13:05:35

I have been asked to make some 'different' cupcakes and I am pulling recipes here and there but I wondered if there was a good book . One of my fav single recipes that I have is the hummingbird one . Basically I am looking for 'different' combinations and ideas ( fillings and toppings). Does anybody have any suggestions ? I have looked on Amazon but as I can't go into a shop to actually look I was wondering if anybody could help? Thanks

Rosa Sat 17-Sep-11 15:06:39

Bump I have to make the things next week.......

DaisySteiner Sat 17-Sep-11 15:07:46

Hummingbird have brought out a second book if that's any help?

Rosa Sat 17-Sep-11 15:10:03

I only have a single hummingbird recipe that I use but I am swinging towards them simply as this one always works !!!!!

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sat 17-Sep-11 15:13:39

Love Bakery is a great cookbook for cupcakes. I make the After Eight ones all the time. The one book I've been really disappointed with was Nigella's Domestic Goddess. Not one of the cupcake recipes seemed to work for me, and they're all so longwinded, she really does like to make a mountain out of a molehill in some recipes.

DaisySteiner Sat 17-Sep-11 15:15:24

The second book has some combinations like beetroot and chocolate, lemon and cranberry. Also some cocktail ones - mojito, strawberry daiquiri, pina colada.

Rosa Sat 17-Sep-11 15:16:20

your name is often used when mine don't work.!!!!
WIll look at that one thanks...

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 17-Sep-11 19:51:35

Primrose bakery book really good-simple but elegant cupcakes. Have really only made the lemon and vanilla but they were yummy and just so different from your run of the mill fairy cake recipe.

Rosa Sun 18-Sep-11 15:06:10

Thanks have ordered them.....fingers crossed !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now