Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy cheap cake toppers etc?

(4 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Wed 27-Jul-11 23:15:40

DD (3yo) loves making fairy cakes, especially the kits that come in a box with rice paper toppers of her fave cartoon characters. As I'm completely skint feeling more adventurous, I-ve started making them from scratch instead. However, I'm finding that the decorations cost almost as much as the whole kit.

So where can I buy really cheap baking accessories? And please also feel free to share your toddler proof baking recipes with me! smile

rockinhippy Thu 28-Jul-11 09:25:49

Morrisons do a decent range of sprinkles & the likes, & you can make your own shapes with rolled icing & cutters or presses - I have some of these for leaves & flowers I picked up cheaply in TKMax, or what about printing or painting onto plain rice paper

Xiaoxiong Thu 28-Jul-11 10:45:27

Jane Brocket who writes the yarnstorm blog often posts the incredible cake creations of her daughter - they always seem to be decorated with pick & mix sweets and look amazing. You can see some here:
yarnstorm.blogs.com/jane_brocket/cakes_and_baking/

There's also online, which may be cheaper:
imaginativeicing.co.uk/store/Cake-Decorations/

Or using a fun fairy cake case may go a long way towards making up for the lack of decorations on top:
imaginativeicing.co.uk/store/BUN-MUFFIN-and-CUPCAKE-CAKE-CASES-CAKE-TIN-LINERS/

BornToFolk Thu 28-Jul-11 10:48:09

ebay sellers do really cheap rice paper cake toppers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now