Talk

Advanced search

courgettes!

(10 Posts)
wahwahwah Fri 22-Jul-11 12:29:57

I am off on hols tomorow so trying to use up the odds and ends. Other veggies are fine - big pot of veg soup about to go on but am at a loss of what to do with the 4 giant cucumbers (the size of cucumbers) lurking at the bottom of the veg basket. I cant think of anything I can do with them that will freeze ok - maybe a fritata?

spout Fri 22-Jul-11 12:30:49

courgette cake. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Selks Fri 22-Jul-11 12:31:41

Soup - courgette, pea, and parmesan. Very nice.

wahwahwah Fri 22-Jul-11 12:32:32

Cake? My favourite food group.
Out of peas - we had them all the night before last!

spout Fri 22-Jul-11 12:40:51

Nige does a good'un

Sam100 Fri 22-Jul-11 12:41:19

I take the green skin off and grate them into macaroni cheese so kids don't notice!

COurgette soup. Onion large onion, couple cloves garlic, soften them in olive oil, throw in the sliced courgettes, about 1.5 pints chicken or veg stock, simmer for 20 minutes, whizz, season, freeze. When reheating/serving add a dollop of creme fraiche and some snipped chives and/or grated parmesan. Delicious.

Have a lovely holiday.

Xiaoxiong Fri 22-Jul-11 15:47:23

We grate them and make courgette fritters/pancakes, which would be lovely to have alongside your veg soup.

Other favourite is to slice them quite thin, stick them on the bbq or a grill pan until tender, and then toss with torn up buffalo mozzarella, lots of mint, extra virgin olive oil and some sea salt. Best summer salad ever.

Happyfinnish Fri 22-Jul-11 16:02:10

Grated cougettes sauteed with garlic and green/red chillies is lovely with spag or whatever pasta you have. It comes out a very springy green colour. Also add parmesan freely in the cooking and on top when serving. (Or chedder. Lots. I like cheese smile)

babyocho Fri 22-Jul-11 21:21:10

This is lovely and a bit different mexican one-pot courgettes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now