Talk

Advanced search

Nice traybake-type recipe that will KEEP!

(8 Posts)
ScarlettCrossbones Mon 06-Jun-11 21:30:05

I'd like to take something home-made to a friend who's due to give birth at some point over the next 2 or 3 weeks. A freezer dish isn't ideal as they have a tiny freezer which I think will be overstocked, but I was thinking of something like tiffin ... will that keep for that length of time?

Any good ideas welcome! [

KarenHL Mon 06-Jun-11 21:32:35

If you want to do a traybake cake my family would whole-heartedly reccommend the one in Mary Berry's 'Favourite Recipes' book (try library). It is my standby. V.easy recipe, yummy cake, cuts into squares, keeps for several days in airtight tin/plastic box. Alternatively, flapjacks might be an idea.

ScarlettCrossbones Mon 06-Jun-11 21:32:51

smile, that was meant to be!

blabalalalablabla Mon 06-Jun-11 21:36:26

Millionaires shortbread would be a good one and I'm sure would keep for a while.

You could cut it into bite sized pieces so that she can just grab a piece every now and again without having to faff around cutting it up.

What a lovely friend you are smile

stealthsquiggle Mon 06-Jun-11 21:39:27

mars bar krispie cake, or some sort of tiffin / 'fridge cake, are the only things I can think of which would theoretically keep (but in practice rarely get given the chance to prove it...)

bigTillyMint Mon 06-Jun-11 21:40:36

Gingerbread / parkin only gets better with agewink

Aworryingtrend Tue 07-Jun-11 09:48:14

Nigellas flourless chocolate cake keeps well (its the one with margherita cream but I don't make that) as it has ground almonds in instead of flour

ScarlettCrossbones Tue 07-Jun-11 10:51:45

bigTillymint I think I might go with that then! Thanks for the suggestions!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: