Talk

Advanced search

films you should have hired before you brought ...or what a load of tosh!!

(29 Posts)
almostanangel Wed 23-Mar-05 14:58:35

moulin rouge,,,,,,,,,,

expatinscotland Wed 23-Mar-05 14:59:50

The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind . . .pure CRAP. Sold it on Ebay immediately and re-coupled the costs, minus what I would have paid to hire it.

Unfortunately, I'll never get the 2 hours I spent watching it back .

Evesmama Wed 23-Mar-05 15:00:51

arlington road
and
the royal tenebaums???
whaaaaaaat???

lilibet Wed 23-Mar-05 15:01:46

oh yes - Royal Tenenbaums!!!

two hours ot total crap!

almostanangel Wed 23-Mar-05 15:03:02

arlington road?? what that about its not that wierd man who murders women??no that 10 riddlington place or something...

gscrym Wed 23-Mar-05 15:04:18

Garfield. I am now off to look at the DVDs and plank them on ebay.

expatinscotland Wed 23-Mar-05 15:05:24

Notting Hill.

Yuk.

Evesmama Wed 23-Mar-05 15:06:37

arlingtn road, neighbours suspects his mate of being into dodgyspy/illegal stuff, cant even remember but it was so crap switched off after first 20 mins as it never really 'got started'!!

skerriesmum Wed 23-Mar-05 15:19:00

I loved Royal Tenebaums! So maybe I'd like that Sunshine one too...

expatinscotland Wed 23-Mar-05 15:21:56

Never saw The Tanenbaums. I find Gwenyth Paltrow so annoying, I can't watch a/thing w/her in it.

almostanangel Wed 23-Mar-05 15:57:16

another badddddddddddddddddddddd film ,,,,,,signs.....

Kayleigh Wed 23-Mar-05 16:01:54

I absolutely LOVE Moulin Rouge, almostanangel

almostanangel Wed 23-Mar-05 16:04:27

sorry keighley!!! you prob hate ..Always,,my fav film ..lol

Kayleigh Wed 23-Mar-05 16:16:45

"Always" ???? don't think i've even heard of it . Who was in it ????

secretregular Wed 23-Mar-05 16:21:30

bridget jones edge of reason. cannot believe mr darcy would be going doolally over her the way she looks in it. all stringy hair and red cheeks. no-one speaks like she does in it. I know everyone raves about her fab english accent but I think its crap. she sounds far too sloaney. bridget jones in the book never seemed like an upper class sloane to me. should have been a faint trace of some accent in there somewhere. terrible film.

expatinscotland Wed 23-Mar-05 16:23:41

I agree, secret, although I didn't purchase that film; instead was forced to watch it when my sister brought it over. Blech. In Book I she actually makes fun of Sloanes - not that there's /thing wrong with Sloanes. Sloanes are people, too, I guess . But the second film was just rank. Like Notting Hill.

secretregular Wed 23-Mar-05 16:35:07

thank god someone else hated it. all the critics raved about it! I watched it with my Mum and we both loathed it. In the first she was sexy but in the second she looked horrible or maybe it was just the voice which put me off?

Titania Wed 23-Mar-05 16:37:35

Ali
torque
the shawshank redemption

sure i will think of some more soon!

lunavix Wed 23-Mar-05 16:37:39

I'm really opinionated when it comes to this lol...

notting hill, school of rock, all bridget jones, anything with julia roberts or jennifer lopez in, cruel intentions.

many more but can't think of any!

expatinscotland Wed 23-Mar-05 16:38:22

She whinged throught the entire film! Can't stand whingers - they're right up there w/smug gits and misers in my book. What could Darcy possibly find attractive in such a moaning Mini?

lou33 Wed 23-Mar-05 16:39:07

all richard curtis films are basically mawkish shite and just a rehash of one of his previous efforts

expatinscotland Wed 23-Mar-05 16:39:43

Here, here, lunavix! Cruel Intentions = sad ripoff of the brill 'Dangerous Liasons' w/Glenn Close and John Malkovich. Julie Roberts makes me despair of life.

gscrym Wed 23-Mar-05 16:45:14

Another one for School of Rock, it was utter bobbins.

mummytosteven Wed 23-Mar-05 16:58:22

love actually

almostanangel Wed 23-Mar-05 17:04:49

kayleigh......always has richard dreyfus and holly hunter also the bloke that played rossanes hubby...bril film he dies and has to give her up to another man great film also ...whats her name from breakfast at tiffinys is an angel in it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: