Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lemony snicket......

(13 Posts)
juniperdropofbrandy Sat 18-Dec-04 18:27:15

Has anyone seen this yet? I went this afternoon with mum and the boys. I quite liked it but poor DS2 (4) wasn't the least bit interested, bless him. I didn't think he'd like it much though but had no choice but to take him. Mum found it a bit too dark but DS1 (7) liked it.

feastofstevenmom Sat 18-Dec-04 18:29:43

am going to see it on Thursday at local cinema mums + babies showing

quite looking forward to it now

will report my views back

spacedonkey Sat 18-Dec-04 18:31:45

they're going to review it on Saturday Review 7pm R4

posyhairdresser Sat 18-Dec-04 18:48:13

Wondering whether my goth-like 5 yr old would enjoy this?

JanH Sat 18-Dec-04 21:11:49

MTV have got a half hour documentary on the making of the LS movie at various times this week. Sky TV Guide

turquey Sun 19-Dec-04 02:20:54

Just been to see it. DD 6 loved it (especially the baby - adorable) ds 9 enjoyed it but was cross that it didn't follow the books to the letter. I wouldn't take an under 5 - even dd found some bits quite scary.
I enjoyed it but find Jim Carey
SO irritating I can hardly bear it.

candycane Sun 19-Dec-04 09:57:06

We saw it yesterday and all liked it a lot (girls are 7 and 9). The scenery is stunning and Jim Carey really wasn't as annoying as I thought he was going to be. The child actors are great and they've done very well with Sunny's character - she gurgles like a baby and her "real words" appear on screen. Highly recommended!

juniperdropofbrandy Sun 19-Dec-04 12:12:23

I know wasn't baby Sunny adorable?

hosannainIXELsis Sat 01-Jan-05 10:14:01

We went to see it on Thursday, as our first trip to the pics since ds was born 13 months ago (without him). I LOVED it!!! Just my kind of filming, scenery, costumes, fairy tale. I'm so glad I liked it, as it was our one chance to get out and see something@

bonkerz Sat 01-Jan-05 10:17:27

dh is taking our 2 tomorrow to see it! Ds is 4 1/2 and dd is 3 1/2. They watched spiderman2, dya think it would be 2 scary for them?

mrsjingles Mon 03-Jan-05 16:46:51

I've just taken my two, 6yr old dd and ds is 4 in 2 weeks, they both loved it and weren't scared. I found it a bit dissapointing though, not really what I was expecting, and it is a dark film.

suedonim Mon 03-Jan-05 21:55:10

We've just been with 8yo dd. She loved it, even though she (and I!) jumped out of her skin at the snake bit. I thought the wedding scene was a bit bizarre - very dark overtones there. And I want that baby - soooooo cute!!

roisin Sun 16-Jan-05 19:43:34

I finally managed to get to see this with ds1 yesterday. We both enjoyed it: thought the beginning with the elf was great! The kids were all brilliant, especially the baby.

It was scarier than I anticipated for a PG ... but then I say that about every film: must be a sign of my age! (I'm glad I didn't take ds2 though, as he found Nemo scary!)

Unfortunately ds1 still seems reluctant to read the books Probably just because he knows I want him to. It's just frustrating, as he reads loads and loads of books, and I know he would love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now