Talk

Advanced search

Fertility after contraception?

(3 Posts)
Cupcakes1234 Thu 13-Jun-19 11:11:53

Hi all

We decided I would come off the pill and "see what happens". We already have one child who is 3 this year.

I've tried lots of different contraception over the last couple of years since my first was born. I used to be on microgynon but have since tried the implant, the patch and 1 hormone pill (can't remember the name). I came off that pill on the 25th of April. Had a weeks bleed on the 29th of April.

Accounting to a period tracker I downloaded I should have started my period around the 29th May i believe. I'm now 16 days "late". I've taken pregnancy tests, last one being Sunday and all completely negative.

So basically did anybody else go through this and when did your periods return after contraception. I've booked into the doctors tomorrow but I don't think they will do much?

amysara24 Sat 03-Aug-19 14:48:57

Yes - I was on Yasmin for almost 13 years. I’ve been off it 18 months and no period, GP has diagnosed pcos and I’m having to go for fertility treatment 🙁🙁

Mycrazylife85 Sun 04-Aug-19 11:00:13

It took 74 days for my first proper period after coming off the contraceptive pill 🙄😳

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »