Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lost Mirena Strings

(4 Posts)
Helga55 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:41:57

Pretty much as the title says really, had it in for 12 months, haven't been able to feel the strings for the last 2/3 weeks, despite both me & my partner having a rummage around confused I'm 110% certain it hasn't come out

I am booked in to see the nurse in a couple of days, but just wondered IF the strings have gone further up and they need pulling back down, does the coil have to be removed and a new one inserted it can they just re-position the lost strings?

Myself & my partner are looking to start a family, so if it does have to come out, I'd rather not have another put back in, it was a tad uncomfortable & I think I'd go back to the pill/condoms till the time was right

dementedpixie Mon 13-Feb-17 10:43:18

I got a scan and xray to find mine but they didn't reposition them, just left it as it was. It's due out soon...bit scared!

Helga55 Mon 13-Feb-17 11:54:14

They left it?? Is there not more risk of it coming out of position?

dementedpixie Mon 13-Feb-17 12:06:27

I don't think so. The strings are more for checking and for removal. It's been there for nearly 5 years now (due to be removed by next month).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: