Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Which method is 'best'?!

(8 Posts)
SheShellsSeaSells Tue 07-Feb-17 21:36:51

I've been on the pill since I was 18 and I've only ever got pregnant when I've wanted to, so imo, it does its job. It makes me feel 'yucky' and emotional though. I recently started taking antidepressants for anxiety and I feel ok at the mo. I stopped taking the pill about 2 months ago as it wasn't agreeing with me. But... dh and I hate condoms. Awful stinky things!!
I tried the coil a few years ago and spotted constantly for 3 months! Would that automatically be the case if I tried it again?
My question is, what do you all use to stop the swimmers making it to the finish line? And what are the pros and cons of it?
Thanks!

CatBean Tue 07-Feb-17 21:39:28

Which coil did you use? Was it the copper coil or hormonal one? I also can't use the pill due to similar reasons, and we are now using withdrawl method. It is certainly not foolproof but seems to have worked so far.

SheShellsSeaSells Tue 07-Feb-17 22:06:42

Is that a genuine method though?? Don't think dh would be keen on that idea! Haha. It was the mirena(hormone) coil

CatBean Tue 07-Feb-17 23:03:47

It is a genuine method but only 90% effective, so not great. But it has worked for us so far, but I don't mind if I fell pregnant again. In your situation, I would try the copper coil, it is hormone free so shouldn't have the side effects you experienced last time round.

SheShellsSeaSells Wed 08-Feb-17 17:49:54

Ah ok. I'll do some research on it. Thanks

mumznet Thu 09-Feb-17 15:37:40

condoms

mumznet Thu 09-Feb-17 15:37:57

and online claculators which shows ovulating days!

SheShellsSeaSells Thu 09-Feb-17 22:39:14

I've been researching the copper coil... going to see my GP next week to see about having one fitted. Think any extra hormones could turn me back into a psycho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now