Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mini pill nightmare!

(7 Posts)
Robotgirl Mon 01-Feb-16 19:08:09

Hi all
Today I finally snapped after 3.5 months on cerazette - have been feeling angry, anxious & my boobs have grown huge, uncomfortable & lumpy (esp in the last month)
Announced to my boyfriend in a shouty sweary way this morn that I'm not taking it any more. I stopped the 12 wk injection because I was getting morning sickness & other pregnancy symptoms. I'm stuck now! I know everyone's different & everyone responds differently to different kinds of contraception but any suggestions of what might not make me irrational, teary & body-thinks-I'm-pregnant gratefully received confused

dementedpixie Mon 01-Feb-16 19:37:13

There are other mini pills you could try that have different hormones so you may react differently. Copper coil? Can you not use the combined pill?

LidikaLikes Wed 03-Feb-16 20:45:49

How are you feeling now, OP?

museumum Wed 03-Feb-16 20:52:03

Ive just given up on cerazette and am waiting for an appointment to see if I can have a mirena.

museumum Wed 03-Feb-16 20:53:04

Reason I'm thinking mirena is the progesterone is a very very low dose directly in your uterus and not really in the rest of your system via your blood stream.

CharleyDavidson Wed 03-Feb-16 20:54:49

I asked to try a different mini pill due to side effects (mostly horrific cystic acne) and the GP was sceptical that it would make a difference. But it has. I've swapped from cerelle/cerezette to micronor.

Robotgirl Thu 04-Feb-16 11:21:47

Thanks everyone
I came off cerazette on Sunday & I feel better already.... Breasts not so sore, more energy & not feeling so ANGRY... Using condoms at the mo while I think of an alternative but thanks for your suggestions. Going to have a think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now