I'm in my late 30s, have 1 DC (11). I'm 8 weeks pg.
DP doesn't want it but said he'll support me.
DP was made redundant and is looking for work so money is tight. I just started a new job in a new profession. I won't be entitled to maternity pay (other than SMP). I don't know how we'd manage. DP has 4 children. So there's 7 of us. We couldn't fit another in the car.
My DC randomly mentioned having a baby sibling in the house & how DC actually likes being an only child.
I don't think I can have this baby but I don't want to terminate. I couldn't do adoption. I don't know what to do & my head is a mess.
Ask your doctor! Explain you're not sure about any of the options. Hopefully they will be able to refer you onto a specialist service where you can talk about your fears, concerns and hopes. Hopefully this will help you to decide what best suits your family. Good luck whatever your decision is.
Have had initial consultation at abortion place so know my options. Was horrible. Had scan to check dates so have seen pictures of my baby. Don't want to involve GP (GP good friends with my close family. I know there are confidentiality rules but I don't trust them).
What I will say, from what I was told, is that those who cope best mentally with termination are those that decide they don't want a baby (even if they have feelings of sadness about that). Those who decide they can't have a baby are more likely to need ongoing support. So do make sure you try and access that support if that's where you end up.
I think what I want is to be happy about this, I want DP to be happy too but it's so daunting.
I'm happy with my DC, unhappy with my job, I think (although that may be because it's new - it's a field I've wanted to get into for a long time), DP & I are rocky but we've been through a lot. We don't have space to all live together. I don't get housing benefit and can't afford the mortgage. I don't want to be a single parent. I don't know. That's all practical problems.
I'd make it work because I'd have to. I raised DC by myself and could do it again. But it was hard & I always said I'd never choose that.
Abortion place said they wouldn't do it if I sounded the way I did on the phone when I booked it.
I've been mulling this over today and am going try to sit down with dp later and talk things over properly. He's refused to discuss it with me because he doesn't want to upset me and refuses to believe that he can't make me feel any worse than I already do.
He'll support me but he doesn't want a baby. I don't know what to do.
Oddly, 11yr old had a dream on Monday about me having a baby. They said they liked being an only child and didn't want that to change. Obviously I've not said anything. Then, last night DC cried at bedtime saying they were worried something bad was going to happen to me. I'm so confused.